whereas the actions of those who support the revolving boards have brought us great football and sound finance

Until we get an outright owner this could be the norm unfortunately. However this will hopefully change in the not too distant future

Some to have overall control of Rangers the way SDM did.

In other words, your role in this is to spectate from the sidelines while wishing for a billionaire.

You can knock people for coming up with ideas to win headlines by causing minor disruption to a nationwide chain of stores, but when your alternative to a deteriorating situation at the club is to sit back, grumble loudly and wish for Santa, it isn't really an alternative at all.

I'm not sure that this latest scheme is a good idea, but be glad that there are Rangers fans out there who care enough about the club to do more than just hope that everything will be okay.

I'd much rather fans chose to stay away from games than do things like this.

I also wish our fans could get on the same page instead of what we have been doing. We have the SOS doing one thing the UOF another it makes us look disorganised we are fast becoming a laughing stock (if we're not already there)

Until the SOS or the UOF come up with enough money to buy those out they protest against then everything they say or do is pointless, useless even. Money Is the only thing that will make this board take notice.

Have to disagree with you on that mate.

Any business that doesn't listen to its customers is taking a big risk and while these protests won't damage Sports Direct, they at least send a message about what the fans will / won't stomach at Ibrox.

If the day to day hassle Ashely had to deal with concerning Rangers outweighs the perceived benefits to SD from the onerous contracts, then he'll walk.

Until the SOS or the UOF come up with enough money to buy those out they protest against then everything they say or do is pointless, useless even. Money Is the only thing that will make this board take notice.

Money is the only language they really understand, but it is for the broad Rangers support to come up with the money to buy them out. We could certainly be more active in this area.

It seems that SOS is keener on what some would see as negative measures rather than seeking positive solutions. We are good at saying no to just about every board member, prospective buyer, or high-ranking employee but not very good about saying what we actually want.

The vast majority of us are just waiting on the situation being fixed. In other words, we have opted out.

Most of the fan groups have opted in. They should be commended for that even if they have not been successful in making Rangers better.

From Wikipedia:

On 14 September 2008 Ashley made a statement announcing he had put the club up for sale, a day after the first home game since Keegan's resignation, which Ashley did not attend. This was a 2-1 defeat to newly promoted Hull City. In his statement, Ashley stated:

"I have listened to you. You want me out. That is what I am now trying to do."

Okay, he's still at Newcastle, but if he can make a statement like that, he might be prepared to listen to those who do not want him at Rangers.

Edited by Hildy
D

From Wikipedia:

On 14 September 2008 Ashley made a statement announcing he had put the club up for sale, a day after the first home game since Keegan's resignation, which Ashley did not attend. This was a 2-1 defeat to newly promoted Hull City. In his statement, Ashley stated:

"I have listened to you. You want me out. That is what I am now trying to do."

Okay, he's still at Newcastle, but if he can make a statement like that, he might be prepared to listen to those who do not want him at Rangers.

I think that you have to consider the Ashely MO, his attitude to the support and how he uses spin-doctors regards the above.

As I see it, the financial benefit to Ashely regards NUFC is accrued over time, mounts up and is significant.

ie. the money he legally diverts from NUFC to SD through what some may term as 'onerous contracts'.

He doesn't really care what supporters think aslong as enough keep 'buying shirts' or what other shareholders think because he has control (both NUFC and SD). He will use spin-doctors to deny, deflect or have published false flags of hope.

He doesn't really listen and can't be trusted.

Better to follow the money.