Strachan's got Scotland playing good football

I haven't watched Scotland much recently but I remember Celtic under Strachan. They weren't noted for being a good footballing side and things didn't work too well for him in some of his other jobs.

If Scotland qualifies from this group, he'll get better offers than we'll give him and if he doesn't, we won't want him.

Strachan's got Scotland playing good football

But he says he would never manage a club like us, so why keep saying this? He couldn't have made it clearer - he thinks we are untouchable for him, he dislikes the idea of it so much he said "never" - totally unprompted and not when manager of them.

I don't think Wotte has convinced many people of his work.

Maybe Pete can tell us more about his Dutch efforts but in terms of what he's done in Scotland we won't know for a while if he's been successful.

• 3 weeks later...
I wouldn't rule him out.

Aberdeen are returning to form despite losing today

Who could we get that would be better ?

You seriously don't think Rangers could get a manager better than Derek McInnes?

Advertise - there will be bundles of applications from better managers.

What is the matter with us that we limit ourselves to a handful of managers who have some kind of Rangers connection?

We need to distance ourselves from the usual suspects and widen the field.

You seriously don't think Rangers could get a manager better than Derek McInnes?

Advertise - there will be bundles of applications from better managers.

What is the matter with us that we limit ourselves to a handful of managers who have some kind of Rangers connection?

We need to distance ourselves from the usual suspects and widen the field.

well suggest someone else then.

Couldn't care less about a Rangers connection but McInnes did well at St. Johnston, think he started ok in England (was it Bristol Rovers ?) but eventually bombed. I think he's made Aberdeen better than they've been for years

So I would be happy with him at Ibrox although I reckon some Championship club will snap him up before we could make him an offer