Yes,..... if indeed they stay in charge.

I think for it to work for the sp.ivs, they'd need Ashely 'on board' / supporting them / propping them up.

1. Auditors sign off

2. A base to optimistic spin going forward

3. Some finance to give fans an early sweetner and change momentum

4. Keep spinning next springtime regards "assault on top tier" and "new players"

5. Take ST money in.

If Ashely was in with them, the spi.vs may have to accept reduced margins regards 'money out' but we get into very speculative territory.

They will only be persuaded to let go when the alternative is more rewarding for them. The best that King can hope for is for there to be a squabble amongst thieves and for one or more to break rank and give him the percentage that he needs. Slim chance of that happening this far down the track.

Many believe that has been his plan all along. The cynical view would be that he knows that this is doomed to failure but he must be seen to be doing something. I'm still very much undecided on what his motives are.

Kingco has to know this isn't a £16m project. Clearly they'll have to hold back at least double that to turn the club around over the next 3-5 years.

The gamble is will it be enough to dislodge people who will be happy to stumble on until next year and take the risk they could receive a better offer upon promotion?

Unfortunately I don't think we'll know the answer this week but I not convinced King will make the offer again if, as seems most likely, it's refused this time. If that happens then I think only a full collapse will bring King back to the table.

Many believe that has been his plan all along. The cynical view would be that he knows that this is doomed to failure but he must be seen to be doing something. I'm still very much undecided on what his motives are.

could well be who knows. maybe he knows it is the only way or maybe it's the best way for him.

he has tried twice now to invest so perhaps that's unfair but perhaps he is just being clever about it as you say.

he's asking for control for his cash which may well be a way to ensure it fails but most people will see it's also vital he gets it before investing. you would need to be mad to do otherwise.

Kingco has to know this isn't a £16m project. Clearly they'll have to hold back at least double that to turn the club around over the next 3-5 years.

The gamble is will it be enough to dislodge people who will be happy to stumble on until next year and take the risk they could receive a better offer upon promotion?

Unfortunately I don't think we'll know the answer this week but I not convinced King will make the offer again if, as seems most likely, it's refused this time. If that happens then I think only a full collapse will bring King back to the table.

seems like the likely scenario to me as well.

They will only be persuaded to let go when the alternative is more rewarding for them. The best that King can hope for is for there to be a squabble amongst thieves and for one or more to break rank and give him the percentage that he needs. Slim chance of that happening this far down the track.

Bottomline..................... Ashely is pivotal.

could well be who knows. maybe he knows it is the only way or maybe it's the best way for him.

he has tried twice now to invest so perhaps that's unfair but perhaps he is just being clever about it as you say.

he's asking for control for his cash which may well be a way to ensure it fails but most people will see it's also vital he gets it before investing. you would need to be mad to do otherwise.

I don't disagree. He is in an unenviable situation.

That dramatic scenario would also spell trouble for King as he would, unfairly in my view, be attacked for not doing something before it was too late. This has been a masterpiece in the art of making money and it's architects command a certain amount of grudging respect for how they have gone about it.

That dramatic scenario would also spell trouble for King as he would, unfairly in my view, be attacked for not doing something before it was too late. This has been a masterpiece in the art of making money and it's architects command a certain amount of grudging respect for how they have gone about it.

You're probably right but I think we all have to realise (and it's difficult for some) is that neither King or the incumbents care what we think.

King or Ashley or Green or SDM or Whyte will all do what benefits them. We can only hope that, for the most part at least, that coincides with the well-being of the club.

You're probably right but I think we all have to realise (and it's difficult for some) is that neither King or the incumbents care what we think.

King or Ashley or Green or SDM or Whyte will all do what benefits them. We can only hope that, for the most part at least, that coincides with the well-being of the club.

Agree with all of that.

It depends what Ashley really wants. If he's happy to get 5 years of free money from his retail contracts whilst doing no work and then walk away at the end of it and on to his next project, then he might let King and co take over the club. That way they have the headaches, they have the expense and they have any negative publicity that's going.

If King is successful and we get back into Europe sooner rather than later, then Ashley will start raking in some serious dough for no effort and no outlay.

If he has something else in mind, then whatever that is will mean making more money from Rangers over a longer period than 5 years and he's got to know that the only way to make money is to keep the fans happy - which means putting a good product on the field.