Celtic keeper Craig Gordon says he's done with Ally McCoist...

...after bust-up with Rangers boss.

GORDON claimed he wasn’t offered a contract by Gers in the summer – only for McCoist to insist he was given the option of signing.

CELTIC keeper Craig Gordon has told Ally McCoist there will be no clear-the-air talks after his bust-up with the Rangers boss.

Gordon claimed he wasn’t offered a contract by Gers in the summer – only for McCoist to insist he was given the option of signing.

He also claimed Gordon hadn’t bothered calling him back but the Hoops No.1 said: “There’s plenty of things that could come out but won’t.

“If he wants to say anything more it’s up to him. But I’m done with it.”

Spending two years on the sidelines fearing for his career has given Gordon a great sense of perspective.

So it’s not too surprising that a spat with McCoist has left the Celtic keeper unruffled.

The 31-year-old spent a long time in the wilderness following his release by Sunderland in 2012, fighting for fitness as a knee injury continued to plague him.

Celtic eventually handed Gordon a route back into the game this summer and he has rediscovered the kind of form that made him Scotland’s undisputed No.1.

But he trained with Old Firm rivals Rangers before pitching up at Parkhead, although Gordon claims he wasn’t offered a contract by the Ibrox club.

That was disputed last week by Gers gaffer McCoist.

The fact Celtic then landed Rangers in the draw for the League Cup semi-final added even more spice to the row. But Gordon has already drawn a line under the matter and won’t give McCoist a call to clear the air before that cup clash early next year.

He said: “I don’t want to get into a war of words. It’s his prerogative to say what he wants.

“Those things should have stayed between us. If he wants to make those make comments that’s entirely up to him.

“I know exactly what happened and I’m comfortable with everything that has gone on.

“It’s up to him, it makes no difference to me.

“I haven’t spoken to him. I don’t know if he wants a phone call or not but now we’ve been paired together in the League Cup, it’s probably unlikely. If he wants to say anything more, it’s up to him.

“But it won’t be coming from me. I’m done with it.”

Gordon has more important things to worry about and hopes his injury problems are now over after becoming a Hoops regular.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-keeper-craig-gordon-says-4596752?

Rumours are we offered Gordon a more than fair weekly wage to sign and he turned it down.

Not a surprise really as at that time Cammy Bell was first choice so Gordon probably wouldn't have played. Meanwhile, at Celtic, he knew Forster would leave so was then up against Zaluskas for the number 1 role.

All's fair in love and football.

PS: I've always felt Gordon was over-rated.

Rumours are we offered Gordon a more than fair weekly wage to sign and he turned it down.

Not a surprise really as at that time Cammy Bell was first choice so Gordon probably wouldn't have played. Meanwhile, at Celtic, he knew Forster would leave so was then up against Zaluskas for the number 1 role.

All's fair in love and football.

PS: I've always felt Gordon was over-rated.

I'd agree with being over-rated but I also think Gordon's much better than Cammy Bell. Although Gordon's fitness was never guaranteed so making him number 1 would have been risky.

I'd agree with being over-rated but I also think Gordon's much better than Cammy Bell. Although Gordon's fitness was never guaranteed so making him number 1 would have been risky.

No doubt he is/was a better 'keeper and would have been a good option as number 2 but our finances only go so far and we'd all be crying out blue murder if we'd given him a five figure weekly sum to deputise.

Celtic took the risk which seems to have paid off.

C'est la vie.