Chris Burke

While Gersnet was down and i needed my fix, i signed up for Follow Follow.

Was really shocked at the amount of criticism wee Burkey was getting on there, it seems that most posters on FF think he is a waste of space and shouldnt have been offered a new deal.

Thought i would get some opinions on here, personally im glad he got a new deal and think he is one of our more dangerous players and one of our only players that is direct.

While Gersnet was down and i needed my fix, i signed up for Follow Follow.

Was really shocked at the amount of criticism wee Burkey was getting on there, it seems that most posters on FF think he is a waste of space and shouldnt have been offered a new deal

I have found myself doing the same thing RB, and to be honest its not just burke. For a so called Rangers Supporters forum, they seem to rip into our current players and staff more than some opposition fans!!

fair enough, people cant hide from critisism when due, but i just wish more fans would get behind RFC more.

Im not sure about burke. i think he's a luxury player, brilliant when playing well but prone to annonomous spells when off form. Also think he gets a hard time about being injured all the time which is no surprised as in scottish football the way to deal with exciting dangerous attacking players is to 'sort them out' with some tough challenges.

I think having maybe 2 or 3 flair players for 1/2 positions in the team is a good idea, and think burke does has the ability to be an excellent player who can set up chances with the preditor Boydy (another FF hate figure) the man to finish them off!

Nowhere near worth 13k a week. When he can play a full season uninterupted by injuries then I'll maybe change my way of thinking about him.

Don't get me wrong he's a crackin' wee player but he hides far too much in games for my liking. The away games against Motherwell and Dunfermline he found a superb hiding place because no one found him for the entire 90 minutes.

There would have been a bigger outcry if he had left

I'm not so sure about that. His recent form has been poor and to be totally honest if I had been picking the team in recent weeks, he wouldn't have been in. Hopefully now that he has signed the deal he can stay injury-free(do any Gersplayers stay injury-free;) ) and show the form we know he can

Aye but last season he was arguably our best player. Take into account he's only just coming back from an injury lay-off so it'll take him a few games to get back to his best. One dodgy patch does not make a bad player and for me it's not justification to boot him out the door just because he decides to negotiate the best deal he can.

My jury is out with Burke jus now.

He has shown glimpses of quality in small doses.

I wouldnt have been bothered if he left after stalling on 13k a week. What he makes in a fortnight is what most of us make in a year.

He is still lightweight IMO and im a fan of Sionko on the right wing if he gets the right service