Green couldn't risk it.

I see you bought into Chuckle's moonbeams about keeping all these players then....

Green needed an overnight loan of 50k to keep the lights on - how would he have managed to pay Naismith, Whittaker, Davis, McGregor etc until a club was found for them ? Answer... he couldn't risk it.

We werent keeping these players.............................

How many more times do I need to repeat that?

FFS which part of 'they weren't going to stay' is it you fail to understand ?????

The newco owning the club didnt want them on their salaries in div3 and the players didnt want to play in div3.

All that was asked was for them to TUPE over to allow the club to get nominal fees. Was that too much to ask?

The bit where it is YOU who is saying it.

Charles Green wanted them to TUPE over as per the regulations, yet he didn't want to honour their contracts as per the regulations. Aye, that seems fair.

We werent keeping these players.............................

How many more times do I need to repeat that?

I thought you understood the TUPE regulations? If they had chosen to transfer over, Green had absolutely no say in the matter of them staying.

Had they decided to sit tight, Irvine would have set to work on an alternative strategy of attacking these money-grabbing, professional footballers who have no care about anything but themselves yada yada yada. That too would have been lapped up by gullible fools like yourself.

Said many a time......I'd take Naisy back in a heartbeat.

He's twice the player now than when he was with us, which goes to show his dedication to football. Something we're short of outside of Lewis and perhaps young Robbie Crawford.

Steven Naismith saw Green for the scam artist that he is and told him where to go, whereas Lee "I would play for nothing" McCulloch was lauded as a true blue for continuing to pick up his massive salary.....because he knew that no other club would touch him on those rates.

Now, even with the benefit of hindsight, the hard of thinking still can't see what was going on and continue with this pathetic, uber-Bear vendetta against a player who comes from a good Rangers family and whose credentials are well known.

You're never one for easing your way back in.:)

Welcome back dude

FFS which part of 'they weren't going to stay' is it you fail to understand ?????

The newco owning the club didnt want them on their salaries in div3 and the players didnt want to play in div3.

All that was asked was for them to TUPE over to allow the club to get nominal fees. Was that too much to ask?

So Green wanted his cake and to eat it too but the big bad players didn't play ball with the thieving lying c*&t?

I thought you understood the TUPE regulations? If they had chosen to transfer over, Green had absolutely no say in the matter of them staying.

Had they decided to sit tight, Irvine would have set to work on an alternative strategy of attacking these money-grabbing, professional footballers who have no care about anything but themselves yada yada yada. That too would have been lapped up by gullible fools like yourself.

My guess (and it always was based on player accounts at the time) is that Green purposely didn't speak to the players about transferring via TUPE and deliberately left them in the dark about what was happening because he wanted as many as possible to leave knowing that there was no way he and his wide boy cronies could afford to pay the exorbitant player wages even up until the end of the transfer window. For all we know, some of those who left might even have been secretly ASKED to leave in the manner they did, but swore to keep their mouths shut about it.

Good to see you back, but let's not get personal with fellow posters, even if they infuriate you. ;)