ALLY McCoist has asked Rangers fans to continue with their exceptional support this weekend as the Light Blues take on the Blue Brazil.

The manager asked the Light Blues faithful to get behind the team to try and lift them to a crucial league win over Cowdenbeath.

Rangers meet Jimmy Nichol’s men tomorrow, who have lost four out of their last five league games.

The last time Cowden came to Ibrox was back in 1991, in the Scottish Cup, with Gers winning 5-0 – a result fans would welcome again.

McCoist thinks those fans support has been unrivalled and wants them to continue to get behind the team at an important time of the season.

McCoist said: “I ask the fans for a continued support for the team, that’s all we can ask for.

“The club has gone through a very difficult period in the last three or four years and their support has been invaluable and fantastic. All I would ask is that they look at the bigger picture and the bigger picture is that the team definitely needs their continued support.

“I can assure the supporters I will be doing my level best to turn Wednesday’s performance around and get back into winning habits and get three points against Cowdenbeath.

“There has been a lot of discontent and unhappiness particularly with Wednesday’s result. I totally understand and respect that but you always get a reaction, particularly from poorer results.

“It’s up to ourselves to get the balance right, we got a good result on Sunday beating Kilmarnock 3-0, and we can’t get carried away.

“We’re extremely disappointed and shocked at the last 20 minutes on Wednesday. But we have to find a middle ground on both results and not lose the focus.”

The manager has demanded focus from his men and despite a poor result against Alloa on Wednesday night he insists he won’t make wholesale changes to his starting up.

He will stick with a similar team to the one that beat top flight Kilmarnock only five days ago. Injuries to Lewis Macleod and Lee Wallace mean they will be missing for the Championship clash.

Speaking of his team McCoist said: “I wouldn’t have thought I’ll make big changes to my team tomorrow - there will be no knee jerk reactions to a really disappointing result.

“We’ll train today and see how people perform in training and see how the lads have come through training tomorrow and they make a decision on the team.

“We’ve got a job to do, the job is to get the team back to the topflight and back to where we think we belong.

“That hasn’t altered at all and nor has my focus, we’re always aware that it would certainly be a bumpy ride with a lot of hiccups along the way – that would still be the case.

“We can’t allow ourselves to get away from the focus of getting back to the top flight."

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/8213-back-the-team

He thinks beating Cowdenbeath and all will be forgiven. LOL

I'm sure he knows he's toast if we don't win this league and might even be forced to resign before the end of January if he can't get the team onto a solid winning run.

Starting tomorrow we need to win and take the full 24 points from the next 8 league games and that's just for starters.

Yes, I will be at Ibrox tomorrow. And McCoist can go fuck himself. I simply do not understand why he, being such a huge Rangers man, is still there. Let alone still spouting his patronising pish. A catastrophe since day 1, an utterly useless, totally inept and clueless football manager. He has proved it dozens and dozens of times over. Surely he can see this bigger picture he talks about?

McCoist was a Rangers legend, and rightly so. If he holds his hands up, walks, blames the real ass holes and hands his shares to BR & RF he has a chance of salvaging some credibility. A no brainer.

I was going to list all the horrendous footballing reasons, results, selections and tactical bombscares that adequately show why it is a no brainer, starting with Malmo, but I think this site only has about an 80 million word limit per post. So sadly not possible. I was even going to skip his remuneration, of course he was unaware what he got paid, the jobs for the boys dug out and selling his soul and integrity to the 1st ass hole who wanted to buy it. Never mind the utter contempt he has for the support - which continues in this article.

I will, however, say that Stirling away and Peterhead at Ibrox still hurt me the most. The one man & and a dog Stirling management outfit because the man was on honeymoon yet the dog beat us with 1/100th of our budget and 2 hours a week training. Peterhead because there were a few from our local area down for that one because it was Peterhead. They could not believe what they were seeing and gave a first rate account of our club and it's management team as Peterhead waltzed out of Ibrox with all 3 points. An embarrassing day out all round.

Maybe McCoist should stop asking us idiots to look at the bigger picture, because it is glaringly obvious. No Rangers man would continue to do what McCoist is doing to our club.

And by fuck, it is a picture. For some.