Derek Llambias axes annual Ibrox party

Something doesn't sit right with me if staff of Rangers Football Club want to party in our current state. The right decision was made imo. We can have all the parties we want when we are top dogs in Scotland again. Until then, it should be heed doon arse up.

I think you're maybe expecting a bit much from the staff at Rangers. It's not us who's had to endure the constant threat of unemployment for years, it's not us who has to deal with furious Bears, it's not us who have to run around like a headless chicken trying to keep up with the latest masterplan from the latest face at the top.

The very least they deserve is to relax for one afternoon in the year, although I doubt very much if it would be a particularly happy occasion.

This gesture will do nothing to keep the club afloat or sink it - it's a cheap, miserable piece of nastiness which, sadly, stands as an all too appropriate totem for the club as a whole: clueless and classless.

All unnecessary costs need cut including this but I bet in a year's time we'll still be hemorrhaging money in all the wrong places.

I am not sure that spending a few bob on loyal staff is totally unnecessary. I do feel, however, that the £10k it would take to give the hard working employees a buffet, beers and a £50 M&S voucher is a very irrelevant £10k. A small price to pay to act normally towards people who have given their all under very testing times and circumstances at our club.

Lets face it, if Llamnias decided that our idiot of a manager was wasting £1 million a year on eg Hutton, Simonsen, Peralta & Faure and took some worthwhile, relevant and purposeful action to remedy that it would be far more beneficial to the cause.

I am not sure that spending a few bob on loyal staff is totally unnecessary. I do feel, however, that the £10k it would take to give the hard working employees a buffet, beers and a £50 M&S voucher is a very irrelevant £10k. A small price to pay to act normally towards people who have given their all under very testing times and circumstances at our club.

Lets face it, if Llamnias decided that our idiot of a manager was wasting £1 million a year on eg Hutton, Simonsen, Peralta & Faure and took some worthwhile, relevant and purposeful action to remedy that it would be far more beneficial to the cause.

I agree, however, it's not that easy to dump onerous contracts, you have to get someone willing to take them off of your hands or pay them out. We know how that goes.

It's surely an opportunity for our well paid and badly or never playing footballers to show a human side and fund an equivalent of the axed Xmas do for all the staff that remain? (Hell, go one step further and invite those recently thrown to the wolves too...)

It's an interesting choice of something to axe when we pay the likes of Hutton and Peralta annual wages and never/hardly ever play them

Edited by SteveC

I half expecting Ian Black to show up in the press besides Ally at some Christmas bash. Too cynical?

Hard to say if you are being too cynical or not without betting odds and the chance for a "harmless punt, doesn't mean anything honest..."

It's pure PR though isn't it. Cancel something that in the grand scheme of things is a drop in the ocean but will make big headlines. It's almost like they want people to know how tough they are and that they are cutting costs.

I agree, however, it's not that easy to dump onerous contracts, you have to get someone willing to take them off of your hands or pay them out. We know how that goes.

I agree but was simply making the point re where the massive problem is and how stupid this petty little action is. And also who has created a huge amount of it.

It's pure PR though isn't it. Cancel something that in the grand scheme of things is a drop in the ocean but will make big headlines. It's almost like they want people to know how tough they are and that they are cutting costs.

In fairness, the story was leaked from one of the numerous leaky places in Ibrox.

You may not agree but I'd love the playing staff to stump up and pay for the Xmas party. Buttons to them and what a wonderful gesture it'd be.

If the players all clubbed together and donated a week's wages each the Rangers staff could have an all expenses paid weekend away costing £100,000.