Exactly - his range of goals was superb.

Will never forget his reaction when he scored that overhead kick in the Cup Final against Hibs after his broken leg lay off. Anyone that doubts his passion for our club only needs look at that goal, and his reaction, to see what it meant to him.

He was probably on a goal bonus :whistling::fish2:

Believe it or not, at his height, we were at our height too and were considered one of Europe's biggest Clubs. Remember, when McCoist was here we were attracting England internationals including their skipper, as well as England's best talent of his generation in Gascoigne as well as players of the ilk of Laudrup.

As GS says, there were very few bigger clubs than us back then. Yes, we all know that we were an abject failure in Europe on most occasions but that doesn't mean that we weren't often fancied to go pretty far with the squad we had. Some of that failure was also due to us not being tested on a weekly basis at home.

We were bigger than pretty much every team in the UK for a while and certainly at the forefront of European football too.

Watch some of his goals, absolute class. Your Dad may be right in that he needed a lot of chances but guess what.... there were very few players of his generation who instinctively knew where to be and when to be there - that alone made him a class striker, notwithstanding some of the goals he managed to score.

Also, as GS says, McCoist really did hide the fact that he was a more than decent footballer - he could comfortably play in midfield too.

We were the biggest football club with the biggest attendances and the highest turnover in Britain until Sky bought English football. Even at that, there were still numerous bigger clubs around the world and many richer too.

It wasn't my dad who said it mate, it was his pal.

I remember him as a class act and Rangers hero and i am happy with those memories.

We went about our business in a very different way back then. We also were a buying club not a selling (hawking our players) club as we are today.

We were bringing in class players, not allowing them to leave. Our business was done and the first we knew about it was with player, pen in hand, signing the contract. Likewise with players that left - there wasn't this 3 month deliberation on which team they would be going to - they were just gone.

Which may give some light on why you may not have seen McCoist offers being made. Plenty of teams in England would have wanted him, especially after that diving header against Leeds at Elland Road :D

You don't think there would've been any offers for an excellent striker who was Europe's best goalscorer two seasons in a row?

I honestly don't Frankie. If there were offers you could bet your bottom dollar we would have known about them. Scottish football would have been looked down on by bigger clubs and the fact we were absolutely horse shit on the big stage would have went against him too.

I honestly don't Frankie. If there were offers you could bet your bottom dollar we would have known about them. Scottish football would have been looked down on by bigger clubs and the fact we were absolutely horse shit on the big stage would have went against him too.

In 1992/93 we weren't horse-sh!t and Ally had just secured the Golden Boot for the second year running.

Consequently I'd be amazed if a range of clubs didn't fancy buying him and I'd be amazed if the tabloids at that time weren't running story after story saying so.

Perhaps the only reason he didn't move on at that time was because he broke his leg in April 1993.

In 1992/93 we weren't horse-sh!t and Ally had just secured the Golden Boot for the second year running.

Consequently I'd be amazed if a range of clubs didn't fancy buying him and I'd be amazed if the tabloids at that time weren't running story after story saying so.

Perhaps the only reason he didn't move on at that time was because he broke his leg in April 1993.

Very good point, there may be something in that.