Ally spents his first Saturday off at the rugby

McCoist didn't write his own contract. Nor did he make racist comments or get caught posting sensitive information on public forums.

Nah, he just ran the team into the ground for three and a half years.

He also tried to cover up his wages and didn't want to take a pay cut. Despite earning more than some English premiership managers and competing in part-time leagues.

McCoist isn't any more entitled to his obscene wages than the rest of them.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

Strangely enough, I find that post to be a bit wide of the mark. Particularly the bit where you say "despite the penny shares and other things which get thrown at the man". Patronising in the extreme, a bit like McCoist himself. You make it sound as though people are throwing mud at the man to try and blacken his reputation. Ridiculous, he did that all on his own for personal gain. Nobody threw any penny shares at McCoist, he sold his soul and his integrity for them. Shares that the fans were paying 70p for, McCoist saw fit to rape the club for. Greenco were dead in the water and McCoist carried them through it, a nice little earner. Greenco have proved beyond a reasonable doubt that the clubs interests were tarnished a wee tadge by it though.

The primary interests McCoist had at heart whilst manager of our great club were his own. And boy did he look after them. £15k a week to watch the rugby is testament to that. And I must say he looks relaxed and content in the photo. Yet he did everything in his power to feather his nest and treated the club and the fans with utter contempt. Honestly guys, he never knew what he was getting paid - he told us that.

Yesterday, I was at Easter Rd. Well, for 62 minutes. I saw what the interests of our club are after McCoist's stewardship. A squad of 2nd time around and journeyman players, assembled by the manager and no one else, who simply do not care for the club. A £7 million a year wage bill to languish so far behind a poor Hearts team that we have no chance of automatic promotion and the players do not give a shit. Because it is what has been instilled in them for 3 years and they are all McCoist's pals, bff's.

The football side of our great club is more fractured and broken than the corporate structure. Quite unbelievable. Well done McCoist, a total and utter failure in the job since day 1 but a much wealthier one despite his own catastrophic failings.

But relax Zappa, your man will be a hero again. When he realises the error of his ways and hands his ill advised, morally disgusting corporate stake in the club over to the fans.

I'd suggest that it's not particularly easy to be 'wide of the mark' when you happen to agree with the majority of someones' points.

Nah, he just ran the team into the ground for three and a half years.

He also tried to cover up his wages and didn't want to take a pay cut. Despite earning more than some English premiership managers and competing in part-time leagues.

McCoist isn't any more entitled to his obscene wages than the rest of them.

Basic point of law, if it's in his contract he's entitled to it. Why should any employees wages be public knowledge? Why should any employee take a pay cut?

Basic point of law, if it's in his contract he's entitled to it. Why should any employees wages be public knowledge? Why should any employee take a pay cut?

And he is no more entitled to it than the board were. Why should employees take a pay cut? Maybe because we went bust and got demoted three leagues.

'The football side of our great club is more fractured and broken than the corporate structure.'

Not sure I agree with this.

However bad the football side, it is the corporate that could kill us.

I genuinely believe that the football side is in a worse state, will be harder to fix and will take much longer.

Far from thinking we will be killed off, a couple of long conversations I had at Easter Rd yesterday has me at the point of seriously considering becoming a shareholder in our club again very soon.

Edited by Dragonfly Trumpeter

McCoist didn't write his own contract. Nor did he make racist comments or get caught posting sensitive information on public forums.

I think you are correct, I think McCoist's advisors wrote his contract for him and Greenco were not concerned about the small coal details.

They had their man and he dutifully served their purpose by backing every prat they took in.

I genuinely believe that the football side is in a worse state, will be harder to fix and will take much longer.

Far from thinking we will be killed off, a couple of long conversations I had at Easter Rd yesterday has me at the point of seriously considering becoming a shareholder in our club again very soon.

Sounds promising.

I genuinely believe that the football side is in a worse state, will be harder to fix and will take much longer. .

Totally disagree. Football side can be cured quite easily with the appointment of a decent but affordable manager. Look how easily Hearts and Hibs have done it.

I don't see any way out of the off-field problems and it will take much longer to sort out the problems there.