so, following your line of thinking, we can only accept offers/takeovers from wealthy folk that are Gers fans & are currently known to the fan base???

As has been stated before, RFC shares represent a potentially lucrative payday - providing the club is run properly, the share value will increase, providing a nice little profit. Ultimately that is why many folk initially invested.

Sarver is a business man - and apparently a very successful one - who was tipped of about a business opportunity & took what he believed to be appropriate action.

In case anyone has failed to notice, we've not exactly had a long line of million/billionaires desperate to invest money in the club.......Being sceptical/wary is only to be expected, but at what point do we actually turn round and say "ya know what, this guy looks ok..."

You can turn round and say whatever you want, whenever you want just as I can.

I thought that the Sarver interest was bullshit from the start. Nothing has happened to make me change my mind on that, but if it does, I will say so and admit that I misjudged the situation.

What appears to be the case is that folk are writing of potential high net worth investors, because "something ain't right". Just because we haven't heard of Sarver before, does that mean he wouldn't have run the club well??? How many million/billionaires are out there that we haven't heard of, that may think nothing of dropping £30m into RFC???

If we are not going to accept anyone we don't know, we are left with all our eggs in the King/3B's basket.

Exactly my thoughts

I take it yours is 10 out of 10? So Sarver is in the same category as Ashley or Whyte then? If so, explain that, preferably without any "bullshit" remarks and some facts about his background that would put him into that category.

At no point did I state anything of the sort, but don't let that stop you trying to insinuate that I did.

"Statement of intention not to make an offer"

That title says it all really.

At first it was an offer/proposal with the small print caveat that it was not actually an offer/proposal at all.

Now we're getting statements of intent "not to make an offer" that was never actually an offer anyway.

:facepalm:

Edited by Zappa

Whatever the situation, I'm sure TB's/King are working away in the background.

However, they need to get their finger out soon and get this done. We are all frustrated.

Because of the on-going delays, it looks as if we are heading for another season in the Championship. Again, if things had been done earlier, this did not necessarily need to be the case.

We now have all our eggs in one basket - and I feel quite uneasy about the outcome.

Edited by MoodyBlue

What appears to be the case is that folk are writing of potential high net worth investors, because "something ain't right".

Caution would seem like a sensible approach in our circumstances.

Just because we haven't heard of Sarver before, does that mean he wouldn't have run the club well???

Of course not, but did anybody actually say that?

How many million/billionaires are out there that we haven't heard of, that may think nothing of dropping £30m into RFC???

They have had numerous opportunities to do so. If they were going to do it, they would have done so before now. This constant hankering after a billionaire saviour is a big part of where we now find ourselves.

If we are not going to accept anyone we don't know, we are left with all our eggs in the King/3B's basket.

Again, this premise is one that I have never seen mentioned.

is it to much to ask that directors or shareholders do not act in their interests against what is good for the club/company?

don't think any fan has a problem with them making a profit. Its doing so to the detriment of the club that's the problem. Ashley doesn't even bother to pay for the contracts he takes he just strips the club for no return. Any money he puts out is just in the short term. Once everything is all done and he is gone he will not have cost him one single penny. His expenditure is returned regardless of success.

We certainly don't say anyone looks good until they have proven themselves at the club.

The fact is that until a week or two ago I doubt more than one or two on here had even heard of the guy.

I'm sure Mike Ashley would look tremendous to 'soccer' fans in the USA.

He was being feted by quite a few from these shores never mind those in the States.

You say that and then go on to bemoan the grip Ashley and his co-conspirators have on the club. Astonishing.

There is a big difference between having no alarm bells over Sarver and having no alarm bells over Ashley/Easdale.

What appears to be the case is that folk are writing of potential high net worth investors, because "something ain't right". Just because we haven't heard of Sarver before, does that mean he wouldn't have run the club well??? How many million/billionaires are out there that we haven't heard of, that may think nothing of dropping £30m into RFC???

It's neither here nor there what people say on here about him.

I personally would have happily started going back to Ibrox if he got in a manager and we started playing watchable football again.

The people that count (shareholders and board) didn't entertain his offer and that's all it boils down to.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy