I don't recall anyone coming up with anything that you could hang your hat on at the start which suggested Green was definitely bad.

He did say at the beginning he'd be here for a year. I don't think though anyone could have predicted the way things would have worked out with Green

I don't recall anyone coming up with anything that you could hang your hat on at the start which suggested Green was definitely bad.

Apart from the fact that right from square one it was quite clear that he was a bullshitting patter merchant with a complete aversion to the truth.

Apart from the fact that right from square one it was quite clear that he was a bullshitting patter merchant with a complete aversion to the truth.

So what lies did he tell in his first couple of months that were evident at the time and you knew were lies? I know you said very early on that you thought he was bullshitting us but I don't recall anything that was held up as definitive proof.

yes there was there was the words of the fans from the last team he was at.

we should start listening to those who have went before us and have no iron in the fire

So what lies did he tell in his first couple of months that were evident at the time and you knew were lies? I know you said very early on that you thought he was bullshitting us but I don't recall anything that was held up as definitive proof.

I don't have a definitive list of his lies, but let's see what I can think of just off the top of my head.

He said he would always tell us the truth. That was a Charles Green classic!

It was clear he was having trouble keeping up with his porkies right from his first televised interview!

He told us he had never met Craig Whyte. That particular lie didn't last very long because very shortly afterwards he was telling us he had handed Whyte a couple of quid. Then it was just a quid he handed the guy he'd never met who it later turned out he had indeed met.

Then there was his repeated contradictions (aka bullshit) about the investors he had lined up, such as his patter about having 4 investors with £20m each to invest banging down his door and IIRC there were other variations of that nonsense.

Then we had his more well known crackers like the Adidas deal, Dallas Cowboys, Man Utd wanting us in the EPL and plethora of other shite.

100 million turnover?

Global fanbase of 300 million fans?

yada yada yada

Edited by Zappa