STEVIE SMITH admits Rangers are dreading next month’s powderkeg Old Firm clash

I know young Steven and his family from Blantyre, and I will tell you what - he wont be holding back against them. He doesn't shirk a challenge. He knows he is not a world beater but he will give everything he has got. I think his words have been twisted somewhat in that headline. And as others have said - he is right. We have next to no chance against them, and I'm dreading it.

Just like Alloa have no chance against us? I used to be good at Darts many years ago and in tournaments I saw people playing some great games but then heard them saying "I have to play Pete in the next round I have no chance. They then went on to play crap against me. They beat themselves before a dart was thrown. That will be the same against the Tims. Knowing our management team we will be playing a 5-4-1 system and try and bore them to death.

At what point in that interview does he say the team are dreading it? He says the fans probably are. Poetic license by the headline writer to sell papers because they know people will bite. The real cowards are guys like Black who act like idiots in the big games to get sent off or taken off because they can't stand the heat - yet some people are naive enough to see that as commitment.

His job as a professional football player is to do everything he can to help his team win victories on the park. If he chooses to be interviewed for a press story then his job becomes one, in part, of filling the fans with anticipation and hope of a good result in the upcoming match. His job is not to suggest to the fans that they should in any way dread the upcoming fixture. He does intimate in the interview that he can NOT look forward to the match because the team is not playing well. If he feels that his team will be unlikely to do well in the fixture then he should say nothing.

It's called assisting the management of the club in promoting the fixture.

Oh, remind me again, who was the guy sent off the last time we played Hearts?

His job as a professional football player is to do everything he can to help his team win victories on the park. If he chooses to be interviewed for a press story then his job becomes one, in part, of filling the fans with anticipation and hope of a good result in the upcoming match. His job is not to suggest to the fans that they should in any way dread the upcoming fixture. He does intimate in the interview that he can NOT look forward to the match because the team is not playing well. If he feels that his team will be unlikely to do well in the fixture then he should say nothing.

It's called assisting the management of the club in promoting the fixture.

Oh, remind me again, who was the guy sent off the last time we played Hearts?

And treat the punters like we can't think for ourselves? Yeh I just love those interviews - "one game at a time", "next game is win or bust, and if we lose that one then the next 2 games after that are really and really really win or bust", "we're just not having any luck. They have 4 shots and they all go in. We have 5 shots and they all don't for some reason".

We are playing shite. We have no management team. We have no creativity. We sold our only genuinely creative midfielder More importantly than all of those we have no heart for a fight. Teams compensate when underdogs by showing more fight than the opposition. We have no fight or heart. Forgive me but why should I have positive feelings about this exactly?

Just like Alloa have no chance against us? I used to be good at Darts many years ago and in tournaments I saw people playing some great games but then heard them saying "I have to play Pete in the next round I have no chance. They then went on to play crap against me. They beat themselves before a dart was thrown. That will be the same against the Tims. Knowing our management team we will be playing a 5-4-1 system and try and bore them to death.

Alloa are much closer in ability to us than we are to Celtic. As you say though, our tactics will be our biggest downfall.