Six Gers in Scotland squad

C'mon Riordan scores more goals than him, Naismith has more zip. Thompson is by nomenas any sort of long term solution. Starting spots will be between miller, mcfadden and boyd the other striker would be a back-up/supersub. Who would you rather see come off the bench when you are needing a bit of magic for the breakthrough against Georgia?

Don't get me wrong I'm not a fan of Thompson. My point is he has been playing well this season and has scored a few goals in a league which is arguably of a higher standard than the SPL. Places in the national squad should be decided based on current form, not past.

How many goals has Riordan scored this season?

3 in his last 6 games. Not bad since he has just really started and must be only getting there in terms of match sharpness. Thompson has a total of 7 but 2 of them are in friendlies. And he hasn't scored since Boxing Day. Chppra has 21, maybe we could pretend he's scottish.

Nice to see poeple giving him a chance. Can't see that that sqaud is too different from one WS would've picked.

How many of these supposed wonder kids being named got called into WS' squads? The likes of Smith don't count because he's injured.

I criticised Walter for that as well. It is time to jettison the dead wood and get the kids in the squad.

Walter's dead wood have us top of our section.

Granted there's not a chance in hell of staying there, but why change for changes sake when we're performing our best since Craig Brown had us at about 20 in the world back around France 98? :confused:

I criticised Walter for that as well. It is time to jettison the dead wood and get the kids in the squad.

Completely disagree.

Until such point that we have no chance of making the finals he has to stick with experience.

Also, if he made wholesale changes and the team get beat then he would be slated. If he picks by and large WS Scotland team and it gets beat then he won't face quite as much criticism.

But either way, there is a time to bring the kids through and I am not convinced it is when our national team is top of its group with a chance, albeit slim, of qualification.

I bet Andy Watsit had a lot to do with some of the plums in that squad.

Surely if its his first squad for a friendly he has to bring in everyone who is in his thoughts - Maloney, Riordan, O Connor, Brown, Thompson etc should have been included.

McLeish has shown his crazy selections already if he can put McFadden in the squad with a broken foot but not those Ive mentioned.

I forgot Steven Thompson exsisted but wouldnt have had him in the squad.

That man will be the death of me.

LMAO :D

I see Naismith bagged a hatrick last night for Killie to put them in the CIS final.

And to add to my point Steven Smith should be have been called up if he is in the plans injured or not. As you say McFadden and Webster are both out injured.

2 days into the job and he has absolutely baffled me already.

This is probably the start of a comedy of errors.