The Douglas Park statement helps clarify facts and re-enforces strong doubts over the board acting in all of the RIFC shareholders interests. Rather, that they are there to protect and enhance the interests of Sports Direct/Mike Ashley.

Yet again our directors have tried to directly blame the fans for the Club's horrific financial situation when the truth of the matter is that even if they'd managed to sell 35,000 season tickets and get 40k+ attendances at Ibrox all season, the Club would STILL have been short of something like £5m in working capital to see out the season.

Yet again our directors have tried to directly blame the fans for the Club's horrific financial situation when the truth of the matter is that even if they'd managed to sell 35,000 season tickets and get 40k+ attendances at Ibrox all season, the Club would STILL have been short of something like £5m in working capital to see out the season.

Emotional blackmail from the rats

Should this deal go through unchallenged then Ashley has effective control of the board and one major source of income for the club.

It does not say he has control of ST and ticket sales, advertising or sponsorship. However, the board would and he would have four seats on the board.

How does the SFA's rules on dual ownership/control apply to this situation, whereby Ashley has control of the board but does not own a majority of the shares?

Is it entirely paranoid enough to assume that this is the exact position that Liewell dreamed of - i.e. Rangers being stable enough to be run within their own means but not rich enough to buy the personnel required to challenge for the league?

Newcastle, anyone?

Am I correct in assuming that you sniff a conspiracy of sorts here?

Should this deal go through unchallenged then Ashley has effective control of the board and one major source of income for the club.

It does not say he has control of ST and ticket sales, advertising or sponsorship. However, the board would and he would have four seats on the board.

How does the SFA's rules on dual ownership/control apply to this situation, whereby Ashley has control of the board but does not own a majority of the shares?

Is it entirely paranoid enough to assume that this is the exact position that Liewell dreamed of - i.e. Rangers being stable enough to be run within their own means but not rich enough to buy the personnel required to challenge for the league?

Newcastle, anyone?

Yes, it's tinfoil hat territory.

With the salaries being paid to the manager(on gardening leave) and over-the-hill players with no resale value thats no surprise to me.

Am I correct in assuming that you sniff a conspiracy of sorts here?

No, I wouldn't go that far, the possibilities could blow your mind. However, I have oft though that Liewell did not want us in Div. 3. Probably he wanted us in the SPL, but with points reductions and some sort of fine structure for a few seasons.

He was never daft enough to assume he could prosper without the blue pound.

No, I wouldn't go that far, the possibilities could blow your mind. However, I have oft though that Liewell did not want us in Div. 3. Probably he wanted us in the SPL, but with points reductions and some sort of fine structure for a few seasons.

He was never daft enough to assume he could prosper without the blue pound.

If he didnt want us in SFL3 why did he vote us out the SPL?