If he didnt want us in SFL3 why did he vote us out the SPL?

I don't know exactly. Perhaps he had to bow to the pressure from his own, and other clubs', fans who threatened to withhold their custom if their teams did not vote us out.

Just because he voted us out, does not mean that he did not have the foresight to see how the lack of our presence in the SPL would adversely affect his clubs finances.

was Lawell not part of the group that wanted us put in to Division 1?

When we got voted out the SPL and had to apply to the SFL the only place we were ever going was SFL3.

Without us in the SPL it gave the yahoos a free run at tne CL every year. Liewell wasnt daft. He couldnt miss that opportunity could he?

I don't know exactly. Perhaps he had to bow to the pressure from his own, and other clubs', fans who threatened to withhold their custom if their teams did not vote us out.

Just because he voted us out, does not mean that he did not have the foresight to see how the lack of our presence in the SPL would adversely affect his clubs finances.

Liewell is about the biggest Rangers-hater you could meet.

When we got voted out the SPL and had to apply to the SFL the only place we were ever going was SFL3.

Without us in the SPL it gave the yahoos a free run at tne CL every year. Liewell wasnt daft. He couldnt miss that opportunity could he?

i don't know what happened, but i genuinely believe that they thought we were going to Division 1

No, I wouldn't go that far, the possibilities could blow your mind. However, I have oft though that Liewell did not want us in Div. 3. Probably he wanted us in the SPL, but with points reductions and some sort of fine structure for a few seasons.

He was never daft enough to assume he could prosper without the blue pound.

The situation at Rangers these past few years has been full of bizarre turns and twists. There is a feeling in some quarters that Lawwell and/or Celtic have played a part in this, but of course this is deemed to be far-fetched and nonsensical.

If however, in the fullness of time, it transpires that there has been a Celtic-minded plot at the heart of this matter, I will not be shocked or surprised.

Our rivals, as we can see from their recent newspaper 'advert', are so obsessed with Rangers that I would never completely rule out a green and white influence somewhere along the line.

Jan 27, 2015 13:13

Opinion

by GaryRalston

What the Mike Ashley deal REALLY means: He’s got control of the lot – and all for just £2million

Oh, and while he’s at it, Ashley has ensured Rangers’ share of the £1.6m dividend due from the current retail contract, around £800,000, will be repaid to Sports Direct for the privilege of shutting unprofitable Rangers Shops.

Basically, for an additional £2m, the Newcastle United owner has seized control over Murray Park, registered trade marks, an additional 26 per cent of the retail joint venture and control of shirt sponsorship deals from 2017.

These are important facts. The board has given away a lot for £2m of funding, and Ashley's additional retail income could be worth an additional £300K a year to him.

The directors have given:

Security of Murray Park, valued around £12m-£14m IIRC

A floating charge over the rest of the clubs assets, excluding Ibrox

An effective £300K of income a year.

all for a measly additional £2m.

How anyone can say that the facility is fair and reasonable is beyond me.