Rangers board slap a BAN on the Daily Record

I used to have big problems with the record and Sunday mail. However of late they have imho been excellent at uncovering and exposing our corrupt owners.

As do most other papers. Like those "most other papers", they stop doing it when it does not make for good headlines, or, as is the case with the below, is impartial at best:

Pair in court charged with attempted murder of dad-of-four outside pub on Old Firm night

GRAHAM Murray, 29, and Grant Murray, 19, face charges of carrying out the horrific attack on Jim Martin on February 1.

TWO men have appeared in court charged with the attempted murder of a dad of four on the day of an Old Firm match .

Graham Murray, 29, and Grant Murray, 19, appeared in private and face charges of carrying out the alleged attack on Jim Martin, 37 .

The men, both of Motherwell , made no plea or declaration at Hamilton Sheriff Court and were remanded in custody.

They face allegations they assaulted HGV driver Jim, of Newarthill, to his severe injury, danger of life and attempted to murder him on February 1.

Grant Murray faces further claims of assault and breach of the peace.

Both men are expected to appear at court for a second time on Friday.

Rangers fan Jim was treated in hospital after he was found injured outside a pub in his hometown just hours after he had watched Celtic beat Rangers 2-0 at Hampden Park .

His wife Laurette, 38, later released pictures of his injuries as she appealed for information.

Prosecutors have revealed a third man reported in connection with the incident has been released but could still be taken to court.

A Crown Office spokesman said: “The procurator fiscal received a report concerning a 24-year-old man in connection with an incident said to have occurred in Motherwell on February 1, 2015.

“After full and careful consideration of the facts and circumstances of the report, the accused was liberated from custody and did not appear in court in relation to this incident.

“The case remains under consideration by the procurator fiscal”.

DR

We got all Bears taken and/or jailed after the Old Firm game with names, living place and which team they support all splashed out in the DR. Now find the name Celtic up there above. And that is how it goes since 2007. Either they are journos who brag about freedom of jorunalism and speech or they are not.

Edited by der Berliner

He shat it and cost us a goal. I have photographic proof. He's discredited himself.

He isn't the first and he wont be the last. Did you try to chase the others out of Ibrox when they cost us goals ? Your hatred for all things Ashley is clouding your judgement on this one.

He isn't the first and he wont be the last. Did you try to chase the others out of Ibrox when they cost us goals ? Your hatred for all things Ashley is clouding your judgement on this one.

Only other time I saw something like this was Theo snelders but I would advocate hunting anyone not brave enough to not duck when in a wall.

As do most other papers. Like those "most other papers", they stop doing it when it does not make for good headlines, or, as is the case with the below, is impartial at best:

DR

We got all Bears taken and/or jailed after the Old Firm game with names, living place and which team they support all splashed out in the DR. Now find the name Celtic up there above. And that is how it goes since 2007. Either they are journos who brag about freedom of jorunalism and speech or they are not.

Can you show me the record article stating who supported who in the of arrest report. The one I saw certainly did nothing of the sort but I don't read it cover to cover.

The real reason for the ban is most likely that the DR was getting too close to the truth......

I agreed with you when I read this post of yours earlier on Darthter, but it's just dawned on me that this whole thing is possibly just a PR stunt trying to appeal to Bears who hate the Daily Record. If I'm right, then it's yet another sneaky tactic from a board which appears to be getting more and more desperate by the day and will do anything to win a few EGM votes.

I agreed with you when I read this post of yours earlier on Darthter, but it's just dawned on me that this whole thing is possibly just a PR stunt trying to appeal to Bears who hate the Daily Record. If I'm right, then it's yet another sneaky tactic from a board which appears to be getting more and more desperate by the day and will do anything to win a few EGM votes.

I think they are just trying to discredit the DR.....and maybe pull in a couple DR haters to boot.

DR starts getting a bit close to the truth, so the board, very publicly ban the paper & therefore giving the impression that what they are printing is false. However, If it was really false/untrue, a more convincing approach would be a legal route.

I think they are just trying to discredit the DR.....and maybe pull in a couple DR haters to boot.

DR starts getting a bit close to the truth, so the board, very publicly ban the paper & therefore giving the impression that what they are printing is false. However, If it was really false/untrue, a more convincing approach would be a legal route.

What they are currently engaged in is a serious of errors, strange decisions and courses of action that taken together paint a picture that is simply three prong,..Incompetents,... Liars....and..... Incompetent Liars.

Or it is something more Machiavellian.

Edited by buster.

Can you show me the record article stating who supported who in the of arrest report. The one I saw certainly did nothing of the sort but I don't read it cover to cover.

No problem, over on the german board we keep track on such things ...

Football casual banned from ALL English stadiums facing jail for disgusting Old Firm tirade at Scottish police

They tell all about Rangers clothing and loyalist songs, but try to find the Celtic supporter doing any offense in there. You even have to look hard to find any note about the brick-thrower being a Yahoo in any DR report. AFAIK, only one headline dared to call him "Celtic yob".

BTW, there is no-one with any brains actually denying that this is just a half-hearted attempt to sway some Bears towards the board. IMHO, the shareholders will not fall for that. I somewhat doubt that the DR is or was about to uncover some more nasty stuff ... after all, what could there be left?

Edited by der Berliner

The article is on here somewhere GS and dB is correct - it most certainly mentioned "Rangers fans" whilst the little lad that got hit was hit by "rival fans".

Only other time I saw something like this was Theo snelders but I would advocate hunting anyone not brave enough to not duck when in a wall.

I remember Alexi Mikhailichenko pulling his head down in a European game when standing in the wall, letting the other team score. Unfortunately my memory is not good enough to remember what game it was