RST increasing shareholding by 250,000

If they each have 10,000 people investing even a tenner monthly then that is 1.2 million a year. Two groups doing the same amounts to 2.4 mill a year.

That doesn't seem like a huge amount - however, if King/T3B gain control and they can get the merchandising back, get us back into the SPL and challenging then that 2.4 mill a year could be excess funds which could be used for a number of different things - 2.4 mill could go towards scouting (no laughing at the back) one year, repairs, maintenance and upkeep on Ibrox another year, youth development another year (believe it or not the bigger clubs don't spend that much on youth development - there is a report from the ECA which shows that Arsenal and Barca only spend 3 million Euro a season on their youth academies - the biggest spenders are Ajax at 6 million Euro).

So much could be done with that 2.4 million - however, first and foremost is to gain power from the incumbents - thereafter one has to assume that the next target would be to continue share purchases to get the majority of shares in the hands of the fans - doesn't mean we would run the club but we would have control over who we make our custodians at least. Thereafter that monthly contribution could do a world of good for us,

If they each have 10,000 people investing even a tenner monthly then that is 1.2 million a year. Two groups doing the same amounts to 2.4 mill a year.

That doesn't seem like a huge amount - however, if King/T3B gain control and they can get the merchandising back, get us back into the SPL and challenging then that 2.4 mill a year could be excess funds which could be used for a number of different things - 2.4 mill could go towards scouting (no laughing at the back) one year, repairs, maintenance and upkeep on Ibrox another year, youth development another year (believe it or not the bigger clubs don't spend that much on youth development - there is a report from the ECA which shows that Arsenal and Barca only spend 3 million Euro a season on their youth academies - the biggest spenders are Ajax at 6 million Euro).

So much could be done with that 2.4 million - however, first and foremost is to gain power from the incumbents - thereafter one has to assume that the next target would be to continue share purchases to get the majority of shares in the hands of the fans - doesn't mean we would run the club but we would have control over who we make our custodians at least. Thereafter that monthly contribution could do a world of good for us,

That is one of the advantages of the RF scheme, the money does not have to be used to buy shares once sufficient influence has been gained, it could be used for youth development for example.

On the other hand if the schemes were together then they would be fast approaching the 3% reportable level.

The 3 main schemes must have at least 10k investing monthly these days.

Given enough time fan ownership will be a reality.

Years away yet of course.

You know what in 20 years we may look back and think these years of ****ery were worth it to have our future in our hands.

Rangers First are at 8,918 and probably more by the time you read this. All of them are contributors.

Not all RST members are contributing to the BR scheme, in fact this time last year it was no more than 200 say 10% of the membership. However, I suspect that a much higher percentage of new members will have signed up. It would be nice if someone from RST would confirm how many regular contributors they have; something I've asked several times in different threads on here.

Anyway, I'm sure the number must be over 10,000 total now and as Craig says that will be getting on for £2.5m a year.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Rangers First are at 8,918 and probably more by the time you read this. All of them are contributors.

Not all RST members are contributing to the BR scheme, in fact this time last year it was no more than 200 say 10% of the membership. However, I suspect that a much higher percentage of new members will have signed up. It would be nice if someone from RST would confirm how many regular contributors they have; something I've asked several times in different threads on here.

Anyway, I'm sure the number must be over 10,000 total now and as Craig says that will be getting on for £2.5m a year.

Are you a RST member?

Does it really matter about the number of members. Healthy rivalry between BF and RF is good but it shouldn't turn into a pissing competition.

RF may have a lot of members now but as soon as they stop contributing then they're out so RF has a lot more scope for a fall in members than BR does, and if the EGM is successful RF could see a dramatic fall in members. Would we expect that RF publicise that, which could lead to others following suit?

Let's just keep it all positive and hope that both schemes can go from strength to strength.

No I am not, I am a RF first member.

Not sure why that matters, Bearger; surely RST should be happy to put the number in the public domain.

The RST announce when and how many shares they have purchased, just like they did today. Why anyone requires to know how many RST members contribute to BR I fail to understand, its their business. I'm a member and do not contribute to BR, preferring to buy as an individual, just in case you are interested. As Bluedell have so eloquently stated it ain't a pissing competition

Does it really matter about the number of members. Healthy rivalry between BF and RF is good but it shouldn't turn into a pissing competition.

RF may have a lot of members now but as soon as they stop contributing then they're out so RF has a lot more scope for a fall in members than BR does, and if the EGM is successful RF could see a dramatic fall in members. Would we expect that RF publicise that, which could lead to others following suit?

Let's just keep it all positive and hope that both schemes can go from strength to strength.

Yes, I would expect them to publicise their membership numbers in good times and bad and I also see no reason why the RST should not publicised the numbers of members of BR.

Good, open governance and all that.

I have congratulated both schemes for their excellent efforts and am happy to do so again.

The RST announce when and how many shares they have purchased, just like they did today. Why anyone requires to know how many RST members contribute to BR I fail to understand, its their business. I'm a member and do not contribute to BR, preferring to buy as an individual, just in case you are interested. As Bluedell have so eloquently stated it ain't a pissing competition

No I'm not interested in your business, Mr Bearger.

I'm sorry you don't understand but the reason is fairly obvious if you refer back to Craig's assessment.

It is so that we can all make an informed judgement on the future rate of progress towards fan influence not just the current situation.

Are they all regular contributors or are some in club 1872 which is one off.

Or am I misunderstanding the schemes.