Telegraph: Dave King has won & David Somers to step down

Rangers chairman David Somers is to step down just days before his future in the position is due to be voted on by shareholders, BBC Sport has learned.

An extraordinary general meeting is being held at Ibrox on Friday, 6 March, at which the future of the current board will be decided.

It is unclear if chief executive Derek Llambias and finance director Barry Leach will also go before Friday.

An announcement is expected on Monday morning regarding Somers' position.

The 66-year-old has been chairman since October last year but has faced numerous calls to step down by fans who have been protesting for change.

(BBC Sorry can't get URL from my phone.)

Wakey wakey!

Rangers power struggle: Dave King to be handed keys of Ibrox as chairman David Somers set to resign

19:55, 1 March 2015

By Keith Jackson

RECORD Sport understands Somers is weighing up his position at the head of the board and is ready to abandon ship

Rangers investor Dave King holds a press conference VIEW GALLERY

DAVE KING tonight stands on the brink of storming into the Ibrox boardroom as chairman David Somers gets set to quit the club.

Record Sport understands Somers is weighing up his position at the head of the board and is ready to abandon ship before being blitzed by shareholders at Friday's egm.

It has even been speculated that Somers may resign from his position as early as tomorrow morning in an official announcement to the stock exchange.

The move comes less that a week after James Easdale cut his ties with the beleaguered regime and leaves the current board in a state of absolute disarray.

If Somers does indeed step down it will leave only two men, CEO Derek Llambias and finance director Barry Leach, clinging to power as the clock ticks down to Friday's showdown with the shareholders.

King had called for the removal of Somers, Easdale, Llambias and Leach while requisitioning his own appointment to the board. He also wants

right hand men Paul Murray and John Gilligan to spearhead a new look hierarchy.

And his proposals appear to have the support of an overwhelming majority of shareholders including that of the club's biggest supporters groups.

If Somers is the next to fall on his sword then even more pressure will mount on Llambias and Leach to throw in the towel and spare the

ravaged Ibrox club from the expense of staging a vote, the outcome of which already appears to be cut and dried.

Both men are long term associates of Sports Direct tycoon and Newcastle owner Mike Ashley whose lawyers are expected at Hampden

tomorrow (mon) to answer charges of dual interest.

As yet there is no indication, however, that either Llambias or Leach have decided to leave their Rangers roles.

Ashley's lawyers appearing at Hampdump that is also interesting what the SFA\SPFL find about the duel interest matters and Ashley's role in Rangers.

Ashley's lawyers appearing at Hampdump that is also interesting what the SFA\SPFL find about the duel interest matters and Ashley's role in Rangers.

Might be a bit too much to ask that we get a 2 for 1 happy Monday when the 1 is still not confirmed... fingers crossed anyway. :)

Might be a bit too much to ask that we get a 2 for 1 happy Monday when the 1 is still not confirmed... fingers crossed anyway. :)

The silicon chip inside my head

gets switched to overload.

Tell me why

I don’t like Mondays

Tell me why

I don’t like Mondays

Tell me why

I don’t like Mondays

I wanna shoo-oo-woo-woo-woo-oot the whole day down.

Hopefully we know why Mr Ashely doesn't like Monday's tomorrow.