Somers' resignation

Personally I don't find it appropriate to disparage him about his weight, regardless of our feelings toward him. Talk about his incompetencies as a Chairman all we like but I find it disappointing to have a go at his appearance, which has little to do with how he operated as Club Chairman.

I may of course feel this way owing to my own portly frame :D

Personally I don't find it appropriate to disparage him about his weight, regardless of our feelings toward him. Talk about his incompetencies as a Chairman all we like but I find it disappointing to have a go at his appearance, which has little to do with how he operated as Club Chairman.

I may of course feel this way owing to my own portly frame :D

Fatties rule ya bass!!!:popcorn::D

"I have resigned as Chairman of Rangers International Football club plc. I have worked in the City of London, the world's greatest financial centre for decades and enjoyed considerable success. When I was approached about the Chairmanship of Rangers, friends warned me that the world of football has different rules and codes of behaviour. I now know that is a gross understatement. I am a non-confrontational man and have always tried to bring harmony to boardrooms and with stakeholders. At the risk of antagonising my army of critics I would point out that Rangers managed to pay its bills and avoid going under during my tenure. These critics might not agree with how we achieved this. I look forward to alternative solutions from whoever is running the club in the future. Despite the personal attacks on me from various sources I genuinely wish the club the very best in the future and I am confident that with such a passionate and vociferous fan base they will be restored to their former glories."

There is no need to resort to childish insults. He provides us with enough ammunition to criticise even in this small quote.

One would think that during several decades, in the world's greatest financial centre, poor David would have learned that the customer is always right. But then perhaps the City of London has different rules . . .