Who Is In The Frame To Manage/Coach Rangers FC?

We have 12 games left of the season, how quickly would you expect a new manager to start getting results??? What happens if the results don't come immediately - sack the manager & try again??? Rushing to install a new manager (even for the short term), is just starting to paper over the cracks again. As it stands, we have a "manager", who with the players available should be able to make the play-offs.

Over recent years, there have been too many "shortcuts" & quick fixes. Now is the time to really start a fresh & that means not rushing into anything.

It's irrelevant what should be possible. We need back in the SPL next season and as such need to get someone competent in the door now, regardless of the duration of their contract. Then next season should see a complete overhaul implemented.

As long as we keep swamping the midfield with mediocre static players then i am afraid we will find it difficult to break other teams down.

Hutton is never a play-maker and playing 2 holding midfielders doesn't help him either.

It's irrelevant what should be possible. We need back in the SPL next season and as such need to get someone competent in the door now, regardless of the duration of their contract. Then next season should see a complete overhaul implemented.

As I said earlier, the problem with that is that it could lead to rash purchases & inflated wages/contracts for very mediocre players.....with the odd unnecessary purchase. We will buy players coz they are available, not 100% coz they will add something specific to the team.

All this should have been done when we were in the 3rd Div, but it didn't happen. We are now at a point where the team is struggling, the management is struggling & everyone is desperate for promotion. How long will it take the fans to turn on the new board, when we are struggling in the Premiership??? Coz that is what will happen if the way ahead isn't properly planned.

As I said earlier, the problem with that is that it could lead to rash purchases & inflated wages/contracts for very mediocre players.....with the odd unnecessary purchase. We will buy players coz they are available, not 100% coz they will add something specific to the team.

All this should have been done when we were in the 3rd Div, but it didn't happen. We are now at a point where the team is struggling, the management is struggling & everyone is desperate for promotion. How long will it take the fans to turn on the new board, when we are struggling in the Premiership??? Coz that is what will happen if the way ahead isn't properly planned.

Building a side that can compete with the likes of Aberdeen and Dundee United next season is not a big ask. I agree that the rebuilding process needs to be done correctly though. I'm not overly concerned with how we do in the next 2 or 3 seasons. I'm more concerned with how we're doing in 5 years and beyond. That said, given how poor our league is we simply have to be doing everything possible to make the SPL next season.

here's one from leftfield. I think the guy is a bit of a tool but could he do a short term job to try and keep us up and would do it for relatively low cost and would accept it short term as he has Rangers wellbeing at heart? . John Brown.

One a sidenote, I read today that Warburton and Weir will leave Brentford this summer because from then on a DoF will be employed by the club and neither of the aforementioned two want to work under such a system. Haven't double-checked that with any info from Brentford though.

One a sidenote, I read today that Warburton and Weir will leave Brentford this summer because from then on a DoF will be employed by the club and neither of the aforementioned two want to work under such a system. Haven't double-checked that with any info from Brentford though.

Yes - they are definitely leaving in the summer. Brentford are 'planning for the future' and want to take 'another direction' with regard to managerial matters.