I think everyone has misinterpreted (sp) what me and Cammy are saying.

We by know means tolerate violence and its worse if its in stadiums where there are innocent people turning up for the game.

But it makes brings great interest IMO when reading about firms against firms from the 70s and 80s. If these guys want to meet up in some alley way and boot the crap out of each other thats fair enough. But the organising and the way they went about it with home and away battles is interesting. It was all part of there day out as long as innocent ones dont get hurt. I havent read that much but Cass Pennants first book was addictive.

Unlike these days where you walk down to Pittodrie before a game and you get 10 sheep shaggin turkeys thinking they are hard jumping 2 quiet Gers fans just for walking down to the game. - Its this that bugs me as they claim the are casuals. They wouldnt last 5 seconds in the real casual world.

But to bring it to games is unacceptable. It should remain fair and far away from others.

for my money, consenting grown up people should be able to kick the shit out of each other if they want (boxing anyone?).

Fair enough Barry - but what does Rangers, or the team they are "representing", have to do with their battle ?

I agree consenting adults should be allowed to beat the shit out of each other - but keep football out of it as it is nothing to do with their motives.

Fair enough Barry - but what does Rangers, or the team they are "representing", have to do with their battle ?

I agree consenting adults should be allowed to beat the shit out of each other - but keep football out of it as it is nothing to do with their motives.

i dunno - a football team is arbitrary, aye, but so is your country/political party/religion when you really think about it.

i dunno - a football team is arbitrary, aye, but so is your country/political party/religion when you really think about it.

True, but they aren't "representing" any of those "organisations" either are they ?

There has always been an element of thuggery and violence (tribalism) in all sports, but in the name of your team to go out and stab, slash, maim or even murder someone who is merely wearing there teams colours (and is no part of any other casual orginisation) is frankly inhumane.

By all means meet up at the park before the game and fuck each other up in a royal way, but do not bring your nonsense to the ground of the team you support.

Agreed. If they wanna kick lumps out of each other fine. But 2 stipulations, keep it away from "normal" fans and away from the stadium. Don't drag the clubs name down and don't involve innocent parties.

I agree with Cammy though and find these hooligan elements books fascinating. I can understand if people don't agree with that though.

Guest abronhillbear

To say that these guys aren't Rangers supporters is unfair, some not all, some are massive Rangers supporters, others as a previous poster said are there to fee there own interests. I ask all of you who say they aren't real supporters, How many of you sing of taking the stretford end and what happened down at Aston Villa?

As for the book I thought it was very poor, the facts in it were false,i.e 33 people died in the Ibrox disaster, Rangers and Celtic were formed in the 1880's?

To say that these guys aren't Rangers supporters is unfair, some not all, some are massive Rangers supporters, others as a previous poster said are there to fee there own interests. I ask all of you who say they aren't real supporters, How many of you sing of taking the stretford end and what happened down at Aston Villa?

As for the book I thought it was very poor, the facts in it were false,i.e 33 people died in the Ibrox disaster, Rangers and Celtic were formed in the 1880's?

interesting point (welcome aboard by the way) - i think the idea of what makes a real supporter differs from person to person.

Guest brother426

i agree with abronhillbear...I know some ICF boys and they were there again tonight...not causing trouble but cheering the Gers and spending a lot of money to do so...the casual movement is a genuine british subculture and while there was a lot of arseholes who attached themselves to it...who among us who attend the games or have attended the games cannot say we haven't been influenced by it?