Hearts Players sing derogatory Rangers song.

While they deserve the title for getting the points total they have, I do not believe for a minute that they are a better team than us. We were the better team, IMO, against them in both the games against them that finished this season, and our own capitulation, bad management, and ownership issues have given them a free run. Yes, they have still had to go out and win their games, but there have been a lot of scrappy wins with late goals for them this season, that if we were able to have got ourselves sorted out and brought in a proper manager at Christmas, I believe they would have dropped far more points than they have as the pressure was cranked up.

While they deserve the title for getting the points total they have, I do not believe for a minute that they are a better team than us. We were the better team, IMO, against them in both the games against them that finished this season, and our own capitulation, bad management, and ownership issues have given them a free run. Yes, they have still had to go out and win their games, but there have been a lot of scrappy wins with late goals for them this season, that if we were able to have got ourselves sorted out and brought in a proper manager at Christmas, I believe they would have dropped far more points than they have as the pressure was cranked up.

It's all hypothetical though. Despite just coming out of admin they're 26 points ahead and that couldn't be more resounding. They have youngsters who will only improve, we on the other hand will hopefully have an entire new team next season.

It's all hypothetical though. Despite just coming out of admin they're 26 points ahead and that couldn't be more resounding. They have youngsters who will only improve, we on the other hand will hopefully have an entire new team next season.

My agreement with Tannochsidebear is the two games against Hearts. Indeed, the league table does not lie.

At Ibrox, we should have been 2 or 3 clear at half time. They had five players booked in the first 45, all for persistant fowling of Templeton and Wallace. Similarly, at Tynie, we dominated the game for a full hour, half of that time with ten men. My opinion, its the Hibs side that has battered us, until yesterday obvously.

Performances in the previous matches only suggest that we had some potential. Potential is useless when it comes to winning matches. If anything the fact that we have unfulfilled potential should damn us even more and prove that we are a worse team. Team sports are about being more than the sum of the parts. We have, mostly, been less than the sum of the parts.

As I said before, lets go out and beat them. Winning against Hearts would be a good confidence boost and that will be helpful for the playoffs.

The actual bone of contention is not exactly them or even the Yahoos singing derogatory songs about us, but it is a one-way street when it comes to punishing clubs and supporters for it, well at least until recently.

Much of it is essentially football club tribal banter, not always nice, sometimes downright ugly. But it only becomes a vehicle for politicians and authorities when taken out of context ... and that is what the Yahoos initiated from at least 2007 onwards.

I agree that the points difference is resounding, no other way to judge it. There is no guarantee that their youngsters, none of which I can think of off the top of my head as standing out when we have played them, will get better next year. It may be this is their level and stepping up to the top tier will be too much for them and they will be in the bottom half next season. What they have shown is that if the off field stuff is settled, the football side has a much better chance of being settled. That was the massive difference between the two clubs, also they fell only one flight, not 3.

Well, they sung that "banterous" song to the tune of the Beatles' Yellow Submarine. Methinks the Beatles were almost still live in the charts when Hearts won anything of significance, were they not?*

*NB: Before someone jumps on this, I was actuall studying at Keele University when they snatched the Scottish Cup from our grasp in 1998, somewhat controversially. And they have won it since. Their last league title win was 1959/60 though. But that's banter for you!