Where did I say that?

Post 15

[quote=Ser Barristan Selmy

Couldn't afford them and they wouldn't come. We'll be lucky to even get in the SPL next season and our resources will be very limited.

If we don't get in this year it will probably be losing out to Hibs. If we lose out next season then it will be by losing out to real championship class teams. surely you can at least start the season a little positive.

Edited by pete

Post 15
[quote=Ser Barristan Selmy

Couldn't afford them and they wouldn't come. We'll be lucky to even get in the SPL next season and our resources will be very limited.

If we don't get in this year it will probably be losing out to Hibs. If we lose out next season then it will be by losing out to real championship class teams. surely you can at least start the season a little positive.

I'm saying we'll be lucky to get in the SPL next season. Not the season after. If win the play offs we will be in the SPL next season.

If we are in the Premiership next season the fans will demand players like all those mentioned so far in this thread.

Although if Watford fans don't like Anya then we certainly don't want him.

Maybe it's got something to do with the environment, manager, fellow players et al? I've only seen him a few times for Scotland and someone who e.g. gives German internationals a run for their money are sure good enough to look at. Who can say how he might play for us in a Scotttish league in days to come?

As I intimated before, things can change rapidly in football and not least with a club of our stature. We have seen it all turning sour because of mismanagement and criminal activity. That is, not least given the current club leaders, hardly a measure of how things will turn out in the mid-term or even near future. Like our 12 players out of contract, hundreds of other players will become freebies next summer. I reckon the board will impose a certain wage structure to suit both our demands and the wages decent players will look to earn. There is no doubt that the English top two tiers will be able to outbid us wage-wise, whether players want to go there is another matter. Hearts managed to snatch a decent enough Dutch striker, who was willing to come to the Scottish 2nd tier and a club not exactly renowned in the world of football. Who knows whom we will be able to attract? No-one is looking for big-money signings or top class people at this moment and time.

BTW, the "SPL" of days gone by goes by the name Premiership for about a year or so.