Do you think about committing suicide every day when you wake up? You certainly Don't have your glass half full.

I deal with reality, not lalaland. If you think we're going to go and splash a fortune on Premiership, Championship and high earning foreigners then you will be disappointed.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

There is a pretty easy way to find details and hypothetical transfer "worth" of players over on Transfermarkt.de

Ikechi Anya - Watford till summer 2016, price right now Euro 2m

Sone Aluko - Hull City till summer 2016, p.r.n. Euro 2,5m

Vladimir Weiss - Lekhwiya Sports Club till summer 2018, p.r.n. Euro 4,2m

EDIT: These players are out of reach right now. That said, you do wonder why some need to drum the "we are completely skint" drum these days. Those who have taken over the club, including a certain South African based multi-millionaire, have enough Rand and pound Sterling in their bank coffers to finance the odd deal. Likewise, 17 player may very well leave the club at the end of the season, freeing up wages galore. While the club has quite a job on its hands to get it finances in order, we are far from being in the perilous and bound state of January this year. Thus, looking at players for next season is not something that should be discarded straight away.

Edited by der Berliner

Because we're completely skint and need a whole new squad. Our wage bill will need to be a fraction of what it used to be. A squad full of players earning over £20k will be a thing of the past, or else we will go bust again very quickly.

What do you expect our annual turnover to be if we get back to competing for the title every year?

Anya was born in Scotland but he was developed elsewhere - Spain! Rather than splashing out on players with money we are never going to have, I would prefer we looked at our own development process and how we could improve it to a Spanish level. Its unlikely that we could buy a player like Anya now but it is not impossible for us to produce our own. It requires investment in infrastructure and a long term vision. I'm not sure many - if any - in Scotland actually have that. We'd also need a Sporting Director to oversee it all.

(I think perhaps my vision has surpassed the scope of this thread!)

Another thought: I'm not sure I want King bankrolling us. It would be a huge expenditure every 5-10 years. That's no way to run a club. We need a sustainable model based on Youth development. Why can't King or Murray take a wee trip to Ajax or Barcelona, see how they do it and implement it her. The whole Scottish football culture is out of date. It's about time we started to get with the times.

(I don't know where these rants are coming from?!)

The fee for signing Championship players shouldn't be a problem if we gain promotion its the wages that are a massive issue. Teams like Derby, Norwich, Middlesboro can offer far more even if they don't go up the Premier League.

The 3 players mentioned above Anya, Aluko and Weiss would be a breath of fresh air compared to our squad but its a shame to say we are a million miles off getting them at this stage yet I wouldn't rule them out in the future.

Edited by Gribz

Another thought: I'm not sure I want King bankrolling us. It would be a huge expenditure every 5-10 years. That's no way to run a club. We need a sustainable model based on Youth development. Why can't King or Murray take a wee trip to Ajax or Barcelona, see how they do it and implement it her. The whole Scottish football culture is out of date. It's about time we started to get with the times.

(I don't know where these rants are coming from?!)

We need to take a leaf out celtics book - buying young players who have potential and look to sell them on at a profit.