I actually agree that Vuckic shouldn't play wide-midfield, but not for the not-tracking-back accusation. I don't think it necessarily matters whether a wide-midfielder tracks-back if we have three in midfield because there will be cover; in a 4-4-2 wide-players tracking-back is a must (Man City really suffered as a result). Nevertheless, I think Vuckic is most effective when he's further up the pitch, so, for me, he must play off a striker, or at the tip of a diamond; at the very least in the attacking third (LW, RW, AM, SS). I'd like to see him more central, perhaps even in a midfield three, with a free-er role. Shiels suffered out wide but has been a lot better since being played in central midfield.

I believe he actually started his career as a out-and-out Striker. Perhaps we should try him up front?

The results would bear that out we have had terrible results while playing him wide in a 4 4 2. That's seems to have stopped now though we are still not seeing enough of the ball by a long shot.

We need everyone to work when we don't have the ball

Sorry GS I have to mention this. You have been saying we can better fill Vuckics position out our own youth. I don't know if you saw the youth game tonight but there is not 1 within a hundred miles of Vuckic. I will give you" send Mbabu back" though. What a f'n waste of a jersey that guy is. I have no idea what he thought he was doing. He just seemed to wander about without any interest in the play.

What happened tonight is a perfect mirror of our first team. Dykes should have started instead of the Newcastle Diddy and we would have won.

I am not sure if we would have won or not but I will give you that the Newcastle Diddy should be nowhere near Ibrox. He brought to my mind the guy claiming to be George Weah's brother and Souness giving him a game for Southampton. The guy couldn't kick his arse.

What happened tonight is a perfect mirror of our first team. Dykes should have started instead of the Newcastle Diddy and we would have won.

GS your comments on this subject are getting more extreme and irrational. We could have had Laudrup in his place tonight and we wouldn't have come close to winning. Did you see it?

GS your comments on this subject are getting more extreme and irrational. We could have had Laudrup in his place tonight and we wouldn't have come close to winning. Did you see it?

I merely mean to point out we shouldn't be developing a Newcastle Diddy when we have our own better players.