The diamond formation we employed in the first half on Sunday, bottles up the centre MF so may be employed but with Vuckic at no.10 in place of Clark. Smith may get a start in LMF.

We don't need to win the home game we just need to avoid defeat then go for it with care at Easter Rd. It's back to 2008 but without the need to avoid losing a goal at home.

I disagree with you on this one. I think we need to win, and win well to dispel any lingering doubts about our own abilities, if for no other reason than our own well-being.

We have Motherwell coming up next and time is short.

We don't need to win the home game we just need to avoid defeat then go for it with care at Easter Rd.

Going by Kenny Black's comments in one of the Rangers articles today he possibly feels the same (and maybe McCall too!) in terms of just 'stay in it' on Wednesday, but I completely disagree with him or the manager putting that message out because it's the wrong message to be sending out to everyone. The message should be we're going out to win on Wednesday and we'll be going out to win on Saturday too.

Lets not forget the play offs last year. The mighty Hibees wiped the floor with Accies at Hamilton 2-0, going on 6-0. The press waxed lyrical about the Hibs revival. Easter Road? 2-0 to the Accies. I honestly think a draw at Ibrox aint too bad. A single goal win wouldn' t really leave me all that more confident about the return leg. We have got to turn up at Easter Road.

The diamond formation we employed in the first half on Sunday, bottles up the centre MF so may be employed but with Vuckic at no.10 in place of Clark. Smith may get a start in LMF.

We don't need to win the home game we just need to avoid defeat then go for it with care at Easter Rd. It's back to 2008 but without the need to avoid losing a goal at home.

Probably what I would do.

Lets not forget the play offs last year. The mighty Hibees wiped the floor with Accies at Hamilton 2-0, going on 6-0. The press waxed lyrical about the Hibs revival. Easter Road? 2-0 to the Accies. I honestly think a draw at Ibrox aint too bad. A single goal win wouldn' t really leave me all that more confident about the return leg. We have got to turn up at Easter Road.

Our away record is better than our home record, so I'd be more confident of getting a win away from Ibrox than at home. I think a draw would be an acceptable result as it would mean that Hibs have to come at us at Easter Road; what we really don't want is for us to lose at home and have to chase the game away, letting them pick us off on the break.

losing a goal at home is no different from losing a goal away

Exactly my point, sir.

Away goals do not count double in the event of a tie on aggregate, so there is no overarching priority to avoid losing a goal at home, so long as we do not lose the game. 1-1 is the same as 0-0, whereas it's not in Europe, hence the comparison with the UEFA Cup run in 2008, when we got to the final by not losing a goal at home and completing the job away.

So long as we get at least any kind of draw at home, it becomes a one off match at Easter Road, where we can complete the job with any win in normal or extra time.

I disagree with you on this one. I think we need to win, and win well to dispel any lingering doubts about our own abilities, if for no other reason than our own well-being.

We have Motherwell coming up next and time is short.

Agree to disagree, we just need to get to the final, how we do it, doesn't matter and no one will remember anyway.

Getting back to the SPL is the no.1 priority.