Jim McColl upbeat on Rangers' future

You don't know if he's planning to invest or get involved in the club? So by your reasoning a Rangers supporter's is not entitled to give their views on the club unless they have already put money into the club. Even less of a view if there a Nationalist, no wonder we're in trouble with attitudes like that.
I never said that at all but we're not talking about an ordinary supporter, we're talking about a billionaire who rarely ever seems to even attend a game (unless anyone can inform me otherwise). His previous attempts at intervening have failed and seemed half hearted with no intention of putting up any money shown.

It's a free country so of course you can't stop him giving his views, I just don't see how they're of any help or relevance to us. Dave King for all his faults is the one who managed to oust the previous regime, Jim McColl didn't lift a finger.

Edited by simplythebest

I never said that at all but we're not talking about an ordinary supporter, we're talking about a billionaire who rarely ever seems to even attend a game (unless anyone can inform me otherwise). His previous attempts at intervening have failed and seemed half hearted with no intention of putting up any money shown.

It's a free country so of course you can't stop him giving his views, I just don't see how they're of any help or relevance to us. Dave King for all his faults is the one who managed to oust the previous regime, Jim McColl didn't lift a finger.

That's a bit of a historical revision there, Jim tried on several occasions, once with Walter Smith and another attempts with the the requisitioners, and i would think, although i don't have the proof. He helped in the King, 3b's successful removal of the Ashley regime. Although i would agree he gave his valuable time, rather than a financial input, but imo equally praiseworthy.

That's a bit of a historical revision there, Jim tried on several occasions, once with Walter Smith and another attempts with the the requisitioners, and i would think, although i don't have the proof. He helped in the King, 3b's successful removal of the Ashley regime. Although i would agree he gave his valuable time, rather than a financial input, but imo equally praiseworthy.
The Walter Smith thing and the requisition are the half hearted failures I was referring to. A single bid offering Green a 500k profit to go was put in before he gave up, the requisition involved no shares being bought and the incumbent board won the AGM by a landslide.

If his time is so valuable then there's no need for him to give media interviews about us.

Edited by simplythebest

The Walter Smith thing and the requisition are the half hearted failures I was referring to. A single bid offering Green a 500k profit to go was put in before he gave up, the requisition involved no shares being bought and the incumbent board won the AGM by a landslide.

If his time is so valuable then there's no need for him to give media interviews about us.

"Half hearted failure" the man was willing to write a cheque to take the club from Greenco, but was stopped, because Big Hauns was greedy and trying take take him for a mug punter.

"Half hearted failure" the man was willing to write a cheque to take the club from Greenco, but was stopped, because Big Hauns was greedy and trying take take him for a mug punter.

Green and his group had just gone through a weeks long process to buy the club and as well as the stated 5.5 million had likely spent more on things like lawyer's fees. Regardless of what Green was and what doubts people may have about that buyout process, anyone with sense surely knew offering 6 million and therefore a meagre profit after a couple of days was never going to shift him? What was the point if he wasn't going to try and at least tempt them with a few million?

Edited by simplythebest

Sorry my memory is pish this morning, i blame it on my ageing. The cheque was for far more than £500k, but why let facts get in the way of a bit of revision.

As explained above, Greenco bought the club for 5.5 million plus whatever other fees the process required, then McColl then offered them 6 million. I'm referring to the profit he was offering.

It just came to my mind again, so I forgot to add. Did he not want to get involved at a very early stage. Even before our administration through the RST, although that was blown out the water by someone blowing Jim's cover and wish for anonymity?

If you really wanted to invest would the uncovering of your identity really stop you? Was he really so naive that he thought it could stay a secret. If he really wanted to do that he would have to have let an unattached person do the ground work as Ashely probably did with Green.

As explained above, Greenco bought the club for 5.5 million plus whatever other fees the process required, then McColl then offered them 6 million. I'm referring to the profit he was offering.

And why did he wait til the eleventh hour to make this 'bid' which had no chance of being accepted ? I suspect Mr MCcoll knew that too

Edited by RANGERRAB