Jim McColl upbeat on Rangers' future

If you believe the state media BBC and the Tory supporting Telegraph's published answer to an unpublished question - but then why would anyone ever believe anything they say? Both pillars of the same British establishment that threw us to the dogs.

I don't think we can solely blame Jim McColl for not rescuing the club from Whyte then Greenco/Ashley raping. He was never on our board pre admin, some of the new board (or potential new board) members were.

There was a collective failing of nearly everyone, and i include fans and fans groups, to get some cohesive thinking together. It was like everyone was in a state of shock and paralysis. Of course other than Whyte and then Greenco/Ashley who were informed and ahead of the game.

Just saying throwing money at the then situation, would have cured all our ills. Is being naive imo, We like to say "We don't do walking away" but i think many did, and not just walked away but actually bolted, For fear of being tarred in connection with the Rangers going down. Even now today we can't agree why, how and who is to blame for it all.

I say SDM was to blame, others say the bank forced his hand, other point ot Whyte. My point being there is so much myth, lies and revisionism of it all, that trying to get to the truth is neigh impossible.

But somehow for all that we can criticize with some authority, one man who wasn't involved at any level in the Rangers downfall . Who attempted several rescue packages,using his own money and may want to help our club in the future.

It comes across to me that some of the support seem ungrateful. We are certainly a hard crowd to please at times. It's wrong and we should not do it imo.

He had/has no intention of putting proper money into Rangers.

Let's at least try to be fair here. You don't know what Jim McColl's intentions were, are, or will be and neither do the rest of us!

I don't think we can solely blame Jim McColl for not rescuing the club from Whyte then Greenco/Ashley raping. He was never on our board pre admin, some of the new board (or potential new board) members were.

There was a collective failing of nearly everyone, and i include fans and fans groups, to get some cohesive thinking together. It was like everyone was in a state of shock and paralysis. Of course other than Whyte and then Greenco/Ashley who were informed and ahead of the game.

Just saying throwing money at the then situation, would have cured all our ills. Is being naive imo, We like to say "We don't do walking away" but i think many did, and not just walked away but actually bolted, For fear of being tarred in connection with the Rangers going down. Even now today we can't agree why, how and who is to blame for it all.

I say SDM was to blame, others say the bank forced his hand, other point ot Whyte. My point being there is so much myth, lies and revisionism of it all, that trying to get to the truth is neigh impossible.

But somehow for all that we can criticize with some authority, one man who wasn't involved at any level in the Rangers downfall . Who attempted several rescue packages,using his own money and may want to help our club in the future.

It comes across to me that some of the support seem ungrateful. We are certainly a hard crowd to please at times. It's wrong and we should not do it imo.

There's a lot of good points there. :tu: