Jim McColl upbeat on Rangers' future

Let's at least try to be fair here. You don't know what Jim McColl's intentions were, are, or will be and neither do the rest of us!

He's been standing on the sideline for years now.

He has significant money and could have done something long before now if he really wanted to - or cared. It would only have taken a small percentage of his wealth to help us in our darkest hours. The fact that he didn't speaks volumes.

He's been standing on the sideline for years now.

He has significant money and could have done something long before now if he really wanted to - or cared. It would only have taken a small percentage of his wealth to help us in our darkest hours. The fact that he didn't speaks volumes.

I'd agree with that. I don't buy into the reasons as to why he couldn't invest. Perhaps one area of his finances can't do so, but there must be other areas that could and I can't believe a man like him couldn't find ways to invest if he had the slightest wish to.

I think for McColl the hassle was just too much. Irvine basically frightened him and his closest associates off.

He may come back to the table but I'm not convinced it will be any time soon.

I'd agree with that. I don't buy into the reasons as to why he couldn't invest. Perhaps one area of his finances can't do so, but there must be other areas that could and I can't believe a man like him couldn't find ways to invest if he had the slightest wish to.

Yes I still go out from the old adage: Where there is a will there is a way. It certainly looks until now everything he has done has been half hearted.

The problem was imo, we were too used to the good life. David Murray wasn't one for listening to the support, it was his way or the highway, As a result the supporters groups were impotent, which in turn fostered a high degree of apathy amongst the rank and file, as long as we were winning trophies very few gave a monkey's, well maybe it was just me?

When it came to the doomsday scenario few if any were prepared, but now because of what we have gone through, the support has re engaged with the club.

I feel like a veteran, boring anyone who can be bothered listening. boasting about storming the pavements of Edmiston drive with the SOS, retreating from the Copland after watching us getting beat with better football by some small provincial club. The journey back from the lower divisions was our Dunkirk, then our VE day (Victory in Edmiston Drive)

Her indoors rolls her eyes when i regale her of our heroic fightback and the characters involved, also Mike Ashley my part in his downfall. Ok i might just have exaggerated my part in that a wee bit.

With the utmost respect to the veterans of real conflict, we have been through hell. I don't think we have seen it all just yet, but we are ready now, tempered by the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune.

Right that's my coffee break over back out to face the world .

Sorry to be a bore.

Edited by aweebluesoandso

The problem was imo, we were too used to the good life. David Murray wasn't one for listening to the support, it was his way or the highway, As a result the supporters groups were impotent, which in turn fostered a high degree of apathy amongst the rank and file, as long as we were winning trophies very few gave a monkey's, well maybe it was just me?

When it came to the doomsday scenario few if any were prepared, but now because of what we have gone through, the support has re engaged with the club.

I feel like a veteran, boring anyone who can be bothered listening. boasting about storming the pavements of Edmiston drive with the SOS, retreating from the Copland after watching us getting beat with better football by some small provincial club. The journey back from the lower divisions was our Dunkirk, then our VE day (Victory in Edmiston Drive)

Her indoors rolls her eyes when i regale her of our heroic fightback and the characters involved, also Mike Ashley my part in downfall. Ok i might just have exaggerated my part in that a wee bit.

With the utmost respect to the veterans of real conflict, we have been through hell. I don't think we have seen it all just yet, but we are ready now, tempered by the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune.

Right that's my coffee break over back out to face the world .

Sorry to be a bore.

No post that references Spike Milligan and Shakespeare and describes Dunkirk as a victory can be called boring, awbsas. Insane, maybe but not boring :). Also I wonder if it would be more accurate to say that the supporters have engaged, rather than rengaged with the club. I don't ever recall the support being greatly interested in who was in the boardroom before 2012.

Edited by The Real PapaBear

No post that references Spike Milligan and Shakespeare and describes Dunkirk as a victory can be called boring, awbsas. Insane, maybe but not boring :). Also I wonder if it would be more accurate to say that the supporters have engaged, rather than rengaged with the club. I don't ever recall the support being greatly interested in who was in the boardroom before 2012.

I think that's a fair comment.

I'd be interested in comparisons from the 1980s (and early 70s) which we both ahead of my time.

Did fans just drift away or did they force change? What part did nigh net worth investors play then?