The 3rd Semi Annual Gersnet Dinner with Guest, Rangers Historian, Robert McElroy

Glad to hear those that went enjoyed themselves.

Has been a bit of a nightmare for BH organising this because of the fixture issues but it sounds like it was still another excellent evening.

Thanks to him for organising it and thanks to those who managed to attend.

I won't reply individually but kind comments all appreciated.

It was a pleasure to organise but to be honest somewhat disappointing that we had 7 call offs, including one the night before and 4 on the day; not all of which were in unforseeable circumstnces IMHO.

I won't go into detail here but I am concerned about Juancorneto's wife who was in a car accident as a result of which he had to leave the match. Apparently no one hurt but no further details at this point.

However, this did mean that we only had 10 total including the speaker and this was embarrassing in terms of the commitment I had given the restaurant and for Robert who ended up speaking to 8 people; though neither made any adverse comment.

I do plan to post something about the restaurant on Tripadvisor and let the restaurant know our views, so any honest comments about the quality of the food in comparison with other (Indian) restaurants, service and ambience would be helpful.

Steve, this was mentioned as was the fact that we actually won 9 in a row before, during and after The Great War. So many facts it was difficult to take it all in and after remembering on the day, I forgot to record the speach, sincere apologies.

Apparently we started one match with 9 and went down to 8, I think, but still won the game. In one match we had no goalkeeper, I forget who he said went in goal but again I think he said we won.

As mentioned in the article you quote, Rangers Reserves played in the North Eastern League and often drew biggers crowds at home than the first team did in away games. Celtic did not field a Reserve team during WWII.

Not a great day all round yesterday!

I received a text from the wife just as the second half got underway saying that she'd "had a wee bump just outside Braehead"....it was either a miraculous birth or she'd pranged my car. Fortunately it was the latter and I had to leave the ground and grab a taxi over to the scene.

No injuries, just a bit of twisted metal and one tearful wife. By the time I got the car recovered and sorted a hire car for this week it was nearly 7pm and I went straight home, poured myself a large one and called it day. Thanks to BH for his concern and for organising the event, sounds like it was another good one.

Not a great day all round yesterday!

I received a text from the wife just as the second half got underway saying that she'd "had a wee bump just outside Braehead"....it was either a miraculous birth or she'd pranged my car. Fortunately it was the latter and I had to leave the ground and grab a taxi over to the scene.

No injuries, just a bit of twisted metal and one tearful wife. By the time I got the car recovered and sorted a hire car for this week it was nearly 7pm and I went straight home, poured myself a large one and called it day. Thanks to BH for his concern and for organising the event, sounds like it was another good one.

Glad to hear she's ok mate.

I know that BH was disappointed and a little embarrassed about the final numbers, but I had a thoroughly enjoyable and informative evening, as I think did all those who attended. Thanks and well done BH - it's far from easy to arrange these events at the best of times, but you did a sterling job in trying circumstances.

It was good to see some old faces again and to meet Simply the Best for the first time. Unlike certain ex-directors, he didn't turn up with any minders and he took the gentle ribbing about Charles Green in good humour. Top man.

The quality of food and service was excellent too. I'll admit I was a bit concerned beforehand about exactly what we'd get for £10 over 3 courses, but it was simply outstanding value.

We do seem to make life tough for our guest speakers though. This time, The Rangers Historian (who was excellent), had to put up with the noise of what sounded like a Hoover during his talk, but I suppose that's better than having to dodge the contents of an audience member's stomach...

So, those who didn't turn up missed out big style. Hopefully we can do it all again near Christmas with a bigger attendance and more certainty around dates in advance. I'd certainly go back to the venue again.