RANGERS launch an investigation after it emerged Mike Ashley now owns the club badges

I think the main point is that Ashley will be repaid from the proceeds of a share issue - the club does not want to be in debt so debt swaps don't seem on the agenda. The crest is safe in the long term, once this is implemented, and the loan is interest free, so the board are not panicking. It should be sorted by the end of the summer.

share issue wouldnt raise enough to pay off ashley and deal with other concerns.

by the time you cover the years deficit and the wage rises through promotion plus the other monies owed you just have enough to sort some of the first team and infrastructure issues. We dont have £5m spare.

Seems a lot of folks are content to be into ashely for five Million.

Well im fecking NOT.!!

If your that secure,ask him for another twenty.

Unwarranted and not required either. Neither the club nor 99% of the support is "content" with the status quo. We have IMHO to be content with the fact though that this needs to be dealt with caution and a level head. I do think that this is being the case.

share issue wouldnt raise enough to pay off ashley and deal with other concerns.

by the time you cover the years deficit and the wage rises through promotion plus the other monies owed you just have enough to sort some of the first team and infrastructure issues. We dont have £5m spare.

If we're losing income from the conditionals then it could be a priority. I suspect there will be more than one share issue - as the next AGM will allow future ones to be opened up to everyone. I think the first one will be to get us on an even keel, including squaring with Ashley and removing all the securities that go with that, plus a bit left over for the team.

With the volunteers for the most pressing building works, perhaps investment in that direction can wait till next year bar immediately urgent work. There will have to be a budget for new players but I expect transfer fee wise, for that to be modest, it's wages that we need to cover as our wage bill seems to be hardly much more than Aberdeen's (7m vs 6m from what I've read).

However, IF we're promoted and the board switch from syphoning money off to bringing money into the club, then we should have a dramatic rise in income - although the damage to the value of Scottish football in general, and the old board for us in particular, will likely slow any recovery.

You might think we can't afford to pay back Ashley quickly but many will have the opposing view that we can't afford to hang about too long.

I cannot believe that some people ( not on here) are making Ashley out, as some sort of generous philanthropist. He gave the club those loan imo, in the belief he was going to do a USC on the club. Force us again into administration and quickly pre-pack the club out of admin, exactly as he did with USC owning them outright lock stock and two smoking barrels.

Unwarranted and not required either. Neither the club nor 99% of the support is "content" with the status quo. We have IMHO to be content with the fact though that this needs to be dealt with caution and a level head. I do think that this is being the case.

Fair enough,however when it comes to this particuilar individual im more than prepared to make an exception.

Its hard to keep a level head with someone so repulsive.

If our new board want to do buisness with this reptile im out till they are.

If our new board want to do buisness with this reptile im out till they are.

Seems to me that to get rid of him with as minimal damage as possible, means having to do business with him. Kind of the epitome of business being heavily rational rather than emotional.