Absolutely essential we get the right manager in for next season

As a comparison, Delia looks like he's on for the treble. He's non-Scottish, what success or experience did he have before arriving on these shores?

That's three major Scots trophies, how many are we on target for again?

Perspective !!

As a comparison, Delia looks like he's on for the treble. He's non-Scottish, what success or experience did he have before arriving on these shores?

That's three major Scots trophies, how many are we on target for again?

Perspective !!

The right perspective would be that the Yahoos have bought their titles and are head and shoulders above everything in their league, money- and quality-wise. To rob one of the "fiercest" rivals in the race of cup and title of two quality players, then wreck another for the cup game (methinks) speaks volumes*. Make no mistake here either though, the Scum look better than they are because of the insufficiencies of the rest, who manage to lose breath when it comes to the run in. Deila has just enough quality at his disposal (29 first teamers) to keep the "best of the rest" at bay. While people may point at McCoist in an instant, given his squad and the opposition, Deila did not need to work wonders to go for a tainted treble ths season.

*Just look how the Arabs' season has went since January.

The right perspective would be that the Yahoos have bought their titles and are head and shoulders above everything in their league, money- and quality-wise. To rob one of the "fiercest" rivals in the race of cup and title of two quality players, then wreck another for the cup game (methinks) speaks volumes*. Make no mistake here either though, the Scum look better than they are because of the insufficiencies of the rest, who manage to lose breath when it comes to the run in. Deila has just enough quality at his disposal (29 first teamers) to keep the "best of the rest" at bay. While people may point at McCoist in an instant, given his squad and the opposition, Deila did not need to work wonders to go for a tainted treble ths season.

Buying titles is what every big club does, none more so than us.

Buying titles is what every big club does, none more so than us.

Big clubs usually buy quality players. Buying them halfway through a season from a direct rival without any real need (though the Yahoos will sure tell you a different story) is effectively ending that rivals progress. I can't really remember any team doing that, not even us.

You have gone down a different road than the one I was thinking of dB. In the previous posts prior to mine the discussion was aimed at coaches. Specifically just at what level and relevant experience is required for Rangers' next coach.

We were being exhorted to engage a coach who has continental-thinking and methods and who also has the relevant level of experience in European competitions. These guys at that level are not cheap.

My thought process was that this was a bit out of whack. If we all agree that the squad needs strengthening, then surely any investment we have should be spent there first - or at least any coach who is being considered should know that that area is where the money will be spent.

Ergo, I thought of how little was the cost involved to C1888c to entice Delia to accept the job. He is non-Scottish has continental-thinking coaching and dietary methods - you'll remember his captain being paralytic drunk lying propped up in the gutter on the Thu. before the cup final? - and has never won anything of great note either in Norway or Europe. This level of expertise has been good enough to put C1888c on the cusp of their first treble in a while ( something that their previous coach could not achieve, and who cost a lot more ).

Irrespective of the methods, or morality, of vacuuming up the rest of the league's best talent, the fact still remains that C1888c are way ahead of Rangers in the areas of offering a coach silverware and a smidgen of a chance in the CL.

We on the other hand can't even point to being champions of the Championship. So, in a call to retain perspective, I was thinking about just how we would entice a coach from the continent who possesses such lofty abilities as those being required by the previous posters, and yet be able to pay his contract as well as buy some, any, quality for the playing squad..

I don't want King or anyone else to pore money into us to pay inflated wages to players.

That's not the way forward.

If we were to be second in our first season up then we shouldn't be paying a wage bill any more than Aberdeen

I've had it with us being a cow to be milked by other clubs in Scotland and Europe and that model is not sustainable.

We need to develop our own talent and put a management in place to do that

as for those saying McCall failed in England...well I think the same applies to McInnes.....and he's done ok back up the road

I don't want King or anyone else to pore money into us to pay inflated wages to players.

That's not the way forward.

If we were to be second in our first season up then we shouldn't be paying a wage bill any more than Aberdeen

I've had it with us being a cow to be milked by other clubs in Scotland and Europe and that model is not sustainable.

We need to develop our own talent and put a management in place to do that

as for those saying McCall failed in England...well I think the same applies to McInnes.....and he's done ok back up the road

I agree, bud. I would like to see the club introduce a wage structure that is affordable and sustainable.

However, if we accept that we cannot afford to pay for the best out there then we shall not get the best. As far as developing youth goes I don't think we do too bad at the moment, at least as good as other teams. The problem about relying on youth is not their quality but their consistency. They need a corps of experience around them to let them flourish. Take last night for instance, on four or five occasions I seen young Murdoch trying to track back after we had lost the ball in the QOS end and he could neither match nor catch the QOS player's pace. My point is if Shiels had been playing in front of him he would not have needed to expose himself so badly.

As far as I can see, with the present financial setup, the best we can hope for is an occasional run at the CL group stages.

You have gone down a different road than the one I was thinking of dB. In the previous posts prior to mine the discussion was aimed at coaches. Specifically just at what level and relevant experience is required for Rangers' next coach.

We were being exhorted to engage a coach who has continental-thinking and methods and who also has the relevant level of experience in European competitions. These guys at that level are not cheap.

My thought process was that this was a bit out of whack. If we all agree that the squad needs strengthening, then surely any investment we have should be spent there first - or at least any coach who is being considered should know that that area is where the money will be spent.

Ergo, I thought of how little was the cost involved to C1888c to entice Delia to accept the job. He is non-Scottish has continental-thinking coaching and dietary methods - you'll remember his captain being paralytic drunk lying propped up in the gutter on the Thu. before the cup final? - and has never won anything of great note either in Norway or Europe. This level of expertise has been good enough to put C1888c on the cusp of their first treble in a while ( something that their previous coach could not achieve, and who cost a lot more ).

Irrespective of the methods, or morality, of vacuuming up the rest of the league's best talent, the fact still remains that C1888c are way ahead of Rangers in the areas of offering a coach silverware and a smidgen of a chance in the CL.

We on the other hand can't even point to being champions of the Championship. So, in a call to retain perspective, I was thinking about just how we would entice a coach from the continent who possesses such lofty abilities as those being required by the previous posters, and yet be able to pay his contract as well as buy some, any, quality for the playing squad..

He won the Norwegian league the season before he joined Celtic.

Big clubs usually buy quality players. Buying them halfway through a season from a direct rival without any real need (though the Yahoos will sure tell you a different story) is effectively ending that rivals progress. I can't really remember any team doing that, not even us.

Both those signings are in their starting lineup so clearly they are required. Lee Wallace, Ian Murray, Gavin Rae, Nacho Novo, Zurab Khizhanishvili, Claudio Caniggia, Kevin Thomson, Steven Whittaker, Russel Latapy, Marvin Andrews etc - we have signed plenty SPL players including ones midway through the season so the argument is flawed.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

He won the Norwegian league the season before he joined Celtic.

I do apologise for missing such a stupendous achievement. I stand totally flabbergasted. You have no idea how much Delia has grown in status in my estimation.