Absolutely essential we get the right manager in for next season

That's weird, weren't you recently arguing pretty strongly against the premise that an improvement would be possible with a better manager than McCoist? Maybe the wind changed again...

You really should just give up. I have always said these players were capable of more, provide evidence showing otherwise?

This saga has shown you up again - after years of staunchly defending McCoist your latest stance was that he was 'average'. McCall has just shown how McCoist was absolutely useless.

In the dating scene, you're more likely to pull a babe long term if you sort out your finances, get yourself in physical shape and improve your image. Right now we've none of that and so the difference in football is that we don't just need someone who will fancy us in the meantime, while we get there, we need someone who can help get us to the level we can attract a "babe" of a coach. (That would be pretty mercenary for dating so maybe not the most moral elsewhere...)

The ideal would be the likes of McCall doing a bit of an Eck - starting well, getting us promotion and challenging Celtic for the title, while we sort our off-field nightmare out, and then having a poor season, allowing us to replace him with a top quality coach, once we're "studly" enough for it.

One defeat and the McCall isn't the man comments are brought up again, however I am in agreement with the OP that we should be aiming a far better pedigree of manager. A lot will depend on promotion or not.

The front runners and riders will be named in due course when and if it becomes available. I do think McCall will get the gig if he gets us promotion but I agree with Selmy that long term he is nowhere near. I think McCall would be a very good option for an assistant manager as he likes to work on the training field.

In my defence I said the exact same thing prior to the match. Fans were getting way ahead of themselves - he should be nothing more than a temporary appointment.

In the dating scene, you're more likely to pull a babe long term if you sort out your finances, get yourself in physical shape and improve your image. Right now we've none of that and so the difference in football is that we don't just need someone who will fancy us in the meantime, while we get there, we need someone who can help get us to the level we can attract a "babe" of a coach. (That would be pretty mercenary for dating so maybe not the most moral elsewhere...)

The ideal would be the likes of McCall doing a bit of an Eck - starting well, getting us promotion and challenging Celtic for the title, while we sort our off-field nightmare out, and then having a poor season, allowing us to replace him with a top quality coach, once we're "studly" enough for it.

We should be getting a long term manager in now. Someone who can build his own team, instill his own philosophy and help overhaul the archaic infrastructure at the club, from an on the pitch perspective. Looking at a short term appointment just to get us through another season won't get us anywhere long term. For once we need to be thinking where we are in 5 years, not just where we are at the end of the current season.

It should be someone with a modern, progressive approach to football. Not someone whose main experience is coaching/managing in Scotland, with very little knowledge of the far more advanced continental methods.

If McCall takes us up he deserves a year to show us what he can do. It's that simple

Our standards should be a lot higher than that. We really should be looking a lot higher than a manager who is nothing more than non-old firm SPL level, one who was rumoured to be close to getting sacked.

After what we have been through and the obscene fortune we have wasted on incompetent management and coaches, our only priority should be getting the very best candidate.

If Stuart McCall was to go to England what league do you think he would end up in? Bearing in mind last time he got sacked from league 2, it wouldn't be very high. Is that the pedigree you want?

What coaching experience does McCall have to be taking us into Europe?

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

Just because someone is Scottish does not mean he cannot be a world class manager. I do admit though that Britain seemed to fall asleep to modern coaching methods. I did not want the manager replaced to be honest as I wanted the board to take their time making a choice on who it is to be. That was mostly as I didn't really think anyone would put their reputation on the line for 6 weeks work. I was wrong and McCall has improved things. McCall would not have been my choice for a long term manager but I think it is unfair to judge anyone on one bad game. I would prefer a foreign coach for the simple reason I think they are more into a good youth policy than British managers.

In saying that the first signing Gio van Bronkhorst has made is Dirk Kuijt on a 2 year contract at 34 year old. That is crazy for me as Feynoord have the best Youth system in Holland. They could pay 5 youths for the money Kuijt will be on.

Gio has made Jan Wouters his assistant bye the way. I would imagine he worked under him at Ibrox. Jan seems to be a good assistant but not rated as a manager.

Our standards should be a lot higher than that. We really should be looking a lot higher than a manager who is nothing more than non-old firm SPL level, one who was rumoured to be close to getting sacked.

After what we have been through and the obscene fortune we have wasted on incompetent management and coaches, our only priority should be getting the very best candidate.

If Stuart McCall was to go to England what league do you think he would end up in? Bearing in mind last time he got sacked from league 2, it wouldn't be very high. Is that the pedigree you want?

What coaching experience does McCall have to be taking us into Europe?

Depends how well he does with us