Absolutely essential we get the right manager in for next season

I have been watching the championship in England quite closely this season and would take Mark Warburton in a heart beat , he has over achieved with Brentford in a league heavily weighted towards clubs relegated from the obscene EPL , the wok rate of his teams and the way they are set up is brilliant , I suppose I can only hope , but both he and Davie Weir would be most welcome IMHO

I have been watching the championship in England quite closely this season and would take Mark Warburton in a heart beat , he has over achieved with Brentford in a league heavily weighted towards clubs relegated from the obscene EPL , the wok rate of his teams and the way they are set up is brilliant , I suppose I can only hope , but both he and Davie Weir would be most welcome IMHO

Definitely but pretty much no chance of attracting him, he's getting a lot of Premiership interest. Someone up and coming in league 1 is probably more realistic.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

Definitely but pretty much no chance of attracting him, he's getting a lot of Premiership interest. Someone up and coming in league 1 is probably more realistic.

He's leaving Brentford at the end of the season so we could theoretically get him I think. However, I am not interested in him because the reason he is leaving is he doesn't want to work with a DoF, which is something that I would like to see at Rangers. For me, a DoF-type appointment is important.

I'm watching Brentford just now and, yes, they are hardworking and well organised. But, thinking about it, they remind me of Burnley; Burnley were exactly the same last year, but as we saw, once they come up against better PL sides they are lacking. If -- and it is a big if -- Brentford go up, that work rate and organisation will count for nothing in the PL.

I'm watching Brentford just now and, yes, they are hardworking and well organised. But, thinking about it, they remind me of Burnley; Burnley were exactly the same last year, but as we saw, once they come up against better PL sides they are lacking. If -- and it is a big if -- Brentford go up, that work rate and organisation will count for nothing in the PL.

But you are comparing Burnley against teams that vastly out spend them , we would have the second biggest squad budget , it's a completly different discussion

But you are comparing Burnley against teams that vastly out spend them , we would have the second biggest squad budget , it's a completly different discussion

I agree we would do well domestically, but i'm thinking longer term; i'm thinking about Europe. We wouldn't stand a chance because the high work rate and organisation is a basic trait; we'd need something more.

I agree we would do well domestically, but i'm thinking longer term; i'm thinking about Europe. We wouldn't stand a chance because the high work rate and organisation is a basic trait; we'd need something more.

You can't say that because you , like me simply don't know that

He's leaving Brentford at the end of the season so we could theoretically get him I think. However, I am not interested in him because the reason he is leaving is he doesn't want to work with a DoF, which is something that I would like to see at Rangers. For me, a DoF-type appointment is important.

Yes he's leaving Brentford, a team in the playoff places in the championship, and is attracting a lot of Premiership interest. I don't see how we could theoretically get him.

Yes he's leaving Brentford, a team in the playoff places in the championship, and is attracting a lot of Premiership interest. I don't see how we could theoretically get him.

Yes, you are right, it would be difficult. My point was that it's not a case of competing with money (buying out his contract), but competing on "project". I don't think he is experienced enough to get a PL job, so I think "theoretically" we could challenge a Championship club for him.

But, like I said, I'm not interested in him because i'd prefer a DoF.

Edited by Rousseau

You can't say that because you , like me simply don't know that

I'll concede that we can never know, but I still maintain that work rate is nothing unique.

Again, i'd prefer a DoF, so he would not be acceptable for me.