Absolutely essential we get the right manager in for next season

Yes, you are right, it would be difficult. My point was that it's not a case of competing with money (buying out his contract), but competing on "project". I don't think he is experienced enough to get a PL job, so I think "theoretically" we could challenge a Championship club for him.

But, like I said, I'm not interested in him because i'd prefer a DoF.

It's not something you're going to have to worry about because he's way out of our league.

He isn't going because he won't work with a dof, it's simply the fact that the new owners and dof dont want him , plus there is no contract to buy out , he is free to leave

If we had a D.O.F. who would it be.

Who would be coach.....I've heard Cathro mentioned since he is good with youth but I've also read on here we've already got a highly respected youth coach at MP (can't remember the guy's name)

If we had a D.O.F. who would it be.

Who would be coach.....I've heard Cathro mentioned since he is good with youth but I've also read on here we've already got a highly respected youth coach at MP (can't remember the guy's name)

Cathro would be an excellent choice IMO.

I wouldn't say no to Wotte, or Magath.

We would still need a youth coach, but he'd report to the DoF.

He isn't going because he won't work with a dof, it's simply the fact that the new owners and dof dont want him , plus there is no contract to buy out , he is free to leave

Yes, the Owner wants a DoF which doesn't fit with Warburton. It's the same issue is it not? I want a DoF, so Warburton is not really the right guy.

It's not something you're going to have to worry about because he's way out of our league.

I don't think he's "way out of our league", but I agree it is highly unlikely. I'll not be losing any sleep in any case!

Yes, the Owner wants a DoF which doesn't fit with Warburton. It's the same issue is it not? I want a DoF, so Warburton is not really the right guy.

No its ot , MW stated that he was prepared to work under the new regime but that they were wanting to go in a different direction,see below.

The Brentford manager, Mark Warburton, will leave the club at the end of the season and the sporting director, Frank McParland, has been placed on gardening leave despite the club’s healthy position just outside the Championship play-off places.

Warburton, whose contract expires in the summer, will depart as manager along with his assistant, David Weir, the club citing an internal restructuring as the reason. The Rayo Vallecano manager, Paco Jémez, had been lined up as a potential successor.

Warburton held talks with Brentford’s owner, Matthew Benham, on Monday afternoon following a week of speculation. A statement said that the club intend to appoint a head coach at the end of the campaign and that a new recruitment structure will be implemented.

Brentford have performed admirably this season on their return to the second tier but their form has dipped since news of Warburton’s departure emerged. The manager will remain at the helm until the summer despite the fact that he and Weir “feel unable to work under the changed structure and approach as it differs from their football philosophy”, the club said.

A statement read: “Matthew [benham] and members of the board have been in discussions with manager Mark Warburton and other staff about the future direction of the club for many weeks, prior to stories appearing in the media last week.”

Warburton said: “While I am disappointed that we have been unable to reconcile some key philosophical differences, I’m relieved we now have clarity. In my remaining time at the club we shall move heaven and earth to get the promotion that the players, fans and Matthew deserve and, going forward, I wish the club every success in its ongoing adventure.

No its ot , MW stated that he was prepared to work under the new regime but that they were wanting to go in a different direction,see below.

The Brentford manager, Mark Warburton, will leave the club at the end of the season and the sporting director, Frank McParland, has been placed on gardening leave despite the club’s healthy position just outside the Championship play-off places.

Warburton, whose contract expires in the summer, will depart as manager along with his assistant, David Weir, the club citing an internal restructuring as the reason. The Rayo Vallecano manager, Paco Jémez, had been lined up as a potential successor.

Warburton held talks with Brentford’s owner, Matthew Benham, on Monday afternoon following a week of speculation. A statement said that the club intend to appoint a head coach at the end of the campaign and that a new recruitment structure will be implemented.

Brentford have performed admirably this season on their return to the second tier but their form has dipped since news of Warburton’s departure emerged. The manager will remain at the helm until the summer despite the fact that he and Weir “feel unable to work under the changed structure and approach as it differs from their football philosophy”, the club said.

A statement read: “Matthew [benham] and members of the board have been in discussions with manager Mark Warburton and other staff about the future direction of the club for many weeks, prior to stories appearing in the media last week.”

Warburton said: “While I am disappointed that we have been unable to reconcile some key philosophical differences, I’m relieved we now have clarity. In my remaining time at the club we shall move heaven and earth to get the promotion that the players, fans and Matthew deserve and, going forward, I wish the club every success in its ongoing adventure.

Sounds like he did not want to work with DoF (Philosophical differences). No?

No , that's not the way it worked out the technical director , which was their own version of a dof is leaving also ,look at where the new coach is coming from , it's the usual story on England , don't trust a British coach bring in a foreign one

No , that's not the way it worked out the technical director , which was their own version of a dof is leaving also ,look at where the new coach is coming from , it's the usual story on England , don't trust a British coach bring in a foreign one

We may have to agree to disagree.