He was right to go to Liverpool even though it didn't work out. Not going could have been a lifetime regret.

He has his career heading upwards again and it will be no surprise if he ends up playing for his boyhood heroes at Parkhead.

In all fairness John, Danny Wilson was an excellent prospect for us, but he only got a game because Bougherra went AWOL that season and Walter quite rightly put his foot down.

How he got into the side isn't really relevant, is it? All players get their first match because someone else messes up somewhere, either on the pitch or off it. The trick is taking that chance when it comes.

He was right to go to Liverpool even though it didn't work out. Not going could have been a lifetime regret.

He has his career heading upwards again and it will be no surprise if he ends up playing for his boyhood heroes at Parkhead.

A lifetime of regret, really? I hadn't realised Wilson was a scouser. Had he bided his time, played another couple of seasons in our first team he'd have been far better prepared for the EPL, everyone could see that at the time.

Time will tell if his career is heading upwards or not, but once again he seems to be chasing money.

A lifetime of regret, really? I hadn't realised Wilson was a scouser. Had he bided his time, played another couple of seasons in our first team he'd have been far better prepared for the EPL, everyone could see that at the time.

Time will tell if his career is heading upwards or not, but once again he seems to be chasing money.

Liverpool was a fantastic opportunity.

Players generally can't pick and choose when super rich clubs with impressive pedigrees will come knocking at their door. When the moment comes, you grab it.

Many players would choose Liverpool over Rangers even if they were offering the same money - but chasing money - if that is what he was doing, hardly makes him unique in his field.

Danny Wilson and Scott Allan are both perfect examples of what could have been. Both started their careers brightly before getting their heads turned by money. Had Allan stayed at Dundee Utd for a couple of seasons after breaking into their first team he'd be at a bigger club now, probably in England either challenging for promotion from the Championship or fighting relegation from the Premier League. As it is he wasted the most important years of his development and now finds himself at Hibs. He's 23 now, no longer a youngster, and has only played 68 first team games in his entire career, a number of them from the bench. Stuart Armstrong, who is the same age and broke into the Utd side at the same time has played 136 first team games. Tell me, who do you think will have the better career?

Wilson is very similar. He played 14 times for Rangers and was on course to being a first choice defender. He left when he shouldn't have and played a total of 9 first team matches in three years. It was only his loan spell at hearts and subsequent transfer that saw his career going back on track. Had he remained at rangers i've no doubt he'd be a better player and playing at a higher level than the Scottish Championship.

Nothing is better than first team football for players between 18 - 22 years, nothing. That's where they learn their trade, understand pressure, deal with different types of opponents, the anger of fans as well as the praise. No academy or training facility can replicate that.

I wouldn't want either of them at Rangers, both have shown disloyalty and a lack of intelligence in their short careers, someone else is welcome to them.

and a lack of intelligence

He will fit in perfectly at Parkhead then.

How he got into the side isn't really relevant, is it?

In this case I'd argue that it was relevant mate because as I said, Bougherra went AWOL, Walter was having none of it and the lad got his chance because Walter had sent Webster out on loan to Dundee Utd. Had Bougherra not went AWOL (again IIRC!) or Webster not been out on loan, then Wilson wouldn't even have gotten a sniff of 1st team action other than maybe the odd appearance from the bench if he was lucky. As it turned out though, circumstances went in the lad's favour.

Danny Wilson and Scott Allan are both perfect examples of what could have been. Both started their careers brightly before getting their heads turned by money. Had Allan stayed at Dundee Utd for a couple of seasons after breaking into their first team he'd be at a bigger club now, probably in England either challenging for promotion from the Championship or fighting relegation from the Premier League. As it is he wasted the most important years of his development and now finds himself at Hibs. He's 23 now, no longer a youngster, and has only played 68 first team games in his entire career, a number of them from the bench. Stuart Armstrong, who is the same age and broke into the Utd side at the same time has played 136 first team games. Tell me, who do you think will have the better career?

Wilson is very similar. He played 14 times for Rangers and was on course to being a first choice defender. He left when he shouldn't have and played a total of 9 first team matches in three years. It was only his loan spell at hearts and subsequent transfer that saw his career going back on track. Had he remained at rangers i've no doubt he'd be a better player and playing at a higher level than the Scottish Championship.

Nothing is better than first team football for players between 18 - 22 years, nothing. That's where they learn their trade, understand pressure, deal with different types of opponents, the anger of fans as well as the praise. No academy or training facility can replicate that.

I wouldn't want either of them at Rangers, both have shown disloyalty and a lack of intelligence in their short careers, someone else is welcome to them.

Excellent post, bang on the money.

They're much better than what we have and younger too. If we can get better in the summer that would be great. Seems unlikely. Do we have any scouts yet?