A lifetime of regret, really? I hadn't realised Wilson was a scouser. Had he bided his time, played another couple of seasons in our first team he'd have been far better prepared for the EPL, everyone could see that at the time.

Time will tell if his career is heading upwards or not, but once again he seems to be chasing money.

You think SDM would have rejected decent money for a player? When did that ever happen? The way our finances were, any players worth a fair bit were quickly sold as soon as there was any offers.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

They're much better than what we have and younger too. If we can get better in the summer that would be great. Seems unlikely. Do we have any scouts yet?

No just a few Girl Guides.:)

They're much better than what we have and younger too. If we can get better in the summer that would be great. Seems unlikely. Do we have any scouts yet?

Apparently we do according to Twitter, some of our coaching team were down with a couple of scouts to watch Blackburn youths.

Liverpool was a fantastic opportunity.

Players generally can't pick and choose when super rich clubs with impressive pedigrees will come knocking at their door. When the moment comes, you grab it.

Many players would choose Liverpool over Rangers even if they were offering the same money - but chasing money - if that is what he was doing, hardly makes him unique in his field.

I agree it hardly makes him unique, but it's not an excuse. If I'm being charitable to Wilson I'd say he was badly advised, I dare say he wasn't the only person who made a lot of money from his move. Whether Liverpool would have come for him again 12 months later or not is moot, it was the wrong move for his career and that was clear to most people at the time. Had his career progressed as it could have he'd be playing at a far higher level than he is today and would be earning a lot more money than he is today.

I'm not just saying this because he left Rangers, the young lad who left Celtic for Chelsea at 16 made the same mistake in my opinion. I accept that kind of money can completely change someone's life and would hard to resist though.

We had some youth scouts under the old regime according to elfideldo.

8 youth scouts at the Club. Youth scouting is not the problem. Further, the youth teams (younger ones at least) fairly frequently head south to play Blackburn, Newcastle and Liverpool youths. They do well too.

Panathinaikos have made enquiries about Hearts captain Danny Wilson

You do wonder whether Panathinaikos knows something about that. BTW, I probably missed out on that (due to pure disinterest) but what exactly gave reason to assume that he was/is/might be Yahoo-bound?

You do wonder whether Panathinaikos knows something about that. BTW, I probably missed out on that (due to pure disinterest) but what exactly gave reason to assume that he was/is/might be Yahoo-bound?

Because he supports them