Negri or Mols?

Based on what they did at Rangers, Negri was the better finisher. Mols was world-class at making space for himself in the box but he could be clumsy in front of goal. Negri had more poise when it came to pulling the trigger.

Mols was easliy the better footballer, in fact it is a no contest for me.

Mols was the only player in that team who undertsood what de Boer was trying to do, they were a sensational partnership when both were fit. Mols could anticipate a de Boer pass; in stark contrast to the likes of Lovenkrands who could only stand and watch even when RdeB pointed to where he was going to send the ball.

I don't think there is any other player in the world that could turn like Mols did.

Looking at his whole career he wasn't a renouned goalscorer though. I am not sure what Negri done apart for his short time at Ibrox.

Interesting to note that Negri, while playing with a side that got relegated, was the 5th highest goalscorer in Seria A the season before he joined. Scottish football won't be seeing players like that any time soon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1996%E2%80%9397_Serie_A#Top_scorers

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

I cant believe Mols was unheard of. He should have been at a top team like Milan or Munich he was that good.

Negri was instinctive and a predator.

Both were brilliant and a partnership of those 2 would have been devastatingly good. Mols by far the better player though.

Reyna.....Van Bronkhurst....Tugay....Albertz....

...........................Mols..............Negri..................

That's worth a wank! What a midfield / forwardline that is.