Fraser Aird...remember him?

Dont try and justify character assasination,

By the way,mcleod has something to offer to who?

character assassination?

mcleod when he played in this Rangers team stood out because he had considerable talent as does murdoch

aird's played plenty and isn't good enough.

character assassination?

mcleod when he played in this Rangers team stood out because he had considerable talent as does murdoch

aird's played plenty and isn't good enough.

Thats fair comment.

What isnt fair is saying that a young man who always tried his hardest, only got a run in the team because he was the teachers pet.(so to speak)

I repeat ,its unfair.No, its more than that ,its disgusting.!!

He's done quite well for us at times while playing absolutely shit the rest of the time. I don't rate the lad at all.

I don't think he got so many games for us because he was good enough, but because his face fitted for Ally and the magic clipboard.

I think thats unfair comment,hes just a lad as you say.Playing in the worst Rangers team in history.

It might be slightly unfair in the sense that I was in a rush earlier and didn't have time to talk the lad up by saying that no doubt part of the reason he was rewarded with so many starts and appearances was for being a keen lad who kept his head screwed on and worked really hard in training etc.

The bottom line though, is that he isn't good enough. That's obviously just in my opinion, but it's not one I've plucked out of thin air. I've been at a lot of the home games he's played in and any games I haven't attended I've watched on TV or online, so if you've seen practically every single game the lad's played in and you've formed a personal opinion on him I think it's fair game to voice that opinion within reason.

Yes, he's just a lad and yes he's playing in the worst Rangers team in history, but if we're honest about it he probably wouldn't even get a sniff of first team action in a good Rangers team.

As for him having been given a contract until 2018, I can't even comprehend what that's all about because I don't think we've seen enough talent to warrant it.

... As for him having been given a contract until 2018, I can't even comprehend what that's all about because I don't think we've seen enough talent to warrant it.

He was playing well at the time and any year on his contract may mean another 100k or so on any transfer fee.

He was playing well at the time and any year on his contract may mean another 100k or so on any transfer fee.

Paying his wages and associated costs for three years could cost the Club five, six, maybe even seven times that amount!

About fifteen months ago BH was comparing Aird with Alec Scott. Apart from the fact that Scott began his career with a hat trick against the Arsenal, kept banging in goals, kept putting in good crosses and generally wasn't found wanting in the cause until he was eclipsed by the talents of wee Wullie, yes, the comparison stands up well.

In fairness, Scott's preferred tactic was to push the ball past the defender and singe him with his after burner, but he was helluva good at it.

It might be slightly unfair in the sense that I was in a rush earlier and didn't have time to talk the lad up by saying that no doubt part of the reason he was rewarded with so many starts and appearances was for being a keen lad who kept his head screwed on and worked really hard in training etc.

The bottom line though, is that he isn't good enough. That's obviously just in my opinion, but it's not one I've plucked out of thin air. I've been at a lot of the home games he's played in and any games I haven't attended I've watched on TV or online, so if you've seen practically every single game the lad's played in and you've formed a personal opinion on him I think it's fair game to voice that opinion within reason.

Yes, he's just a lad and yes he's playing in the worst Rangers team in history, but if we're honest about it he probably wouldn't even get a sniff of first team action in a good Rangers team.

As for him having been given a contract until 2018, I can't even comprehend what that's all about because I don't think we've seen enough talent to warrant it.

Were we not screaming out to tie young lads up on longer term deals with the potential to sell them on for profit ? He is still a youngster who COULD develop with the proper coaching. The contract till 2018 wont be on huge wages either. Not a huge gamble in my opinion.

Were we not screaming out to tie young lads up on longer term deals with the potential to sell them on for profit ? He is still a youngster who COULD develop with the proper coaching. The contract till 2018 wont be on huge wages either. Not a huge gamble in my opinion.

I want to see young lads given a good length of contract, but only the most talented ones and I don't think this lad falls into that category. We shouldn't be awarding long contracts to young lads just because they're hard workers with a good attitude, it should be based more on their ability.

I think we all agree that he is not the finished article. I worry that after only 50+ games we are quite dogmatic in our condemnation. The lad has certain qualities, can we not use them? He's quick, so when we need a goal or some pace in the latter stages could he not play a role? Not all youngsters are going to be like Mcleod, but they all have certain qualities that we can use. Moreover, he is 20! His career has not even started, but we've deemed him not good enough? He can still be developed, and that's what I hope the youth coaches are able to do.

I thought we all wanted our youth players to get a chance? A couple of seasons in 3rd and 2nd division games is not a real chance. Just because he has disappointed this season does not mean he is finished. We need to develop players properly; and use their strengths.