One Scotland, Many Cultures & 2 Tier "Justice"

The SNP refused to accept that the phrase used was sectarian and refused to condemn the use of it. This tells you all you need to know about the SNP.

Whether he is prosecuted or not isn't important at this point, and discussion about the OBA is just a deflection from the disgraceful attitude of the SNP and the fact that their apologists don't see anything wrong with what they have done and their attempt to excuse the use of the H word shows that they are willing to accept sectarianism against Protestants.

The SNP created their anti-sectarian legislation (that prohibits the use of the word hun) because they, as a party, believe such language and behaviour to be offensive.

The type of online behaviour O'Hara indulged in only became illegal at the time the legislation was passed (so there's no question of him being retrospectively prosecuted) but did it also only become offensive to the values of the SNP at that time? To argue that it did would seem strange. I'd have thought a political party would seek to distance themselves from any individual who has a record of indulging in behaviour that they consider so offensive they felt compelled to create legislation against it.

Now, *that* is a very good and well made point.

The SNP refused to accept that the phrase used was sectarian and refused to condemn the use of it. This tells you all you need to know about the SNP.

Whether he is prosecuted or not isn't important at this point, and discussion about the OBA is just a deflection from the disgraceful attitude of the SNP and the fact that their apologists don't see anything wrong with what they have done and their attempt to excuse the use of the H word shows that they are willing to accept sectarianism against Protestants.

Rubbish from start to finish.

The SNP refused to accept that the use in this instance at that time was intended in a sectarian manner. Since the law was passed banning the word - a law passed by the SNP, by the way - things have changed and everybody knows that the use of the word today is unacceptable.

Show me one instance of an SNP officual using the word Hun since 2011.

I shall not engage in a deranged dance of semantics. If we are going to have a discussion then you will have to agree on a few basic points.

First, I shall repeat the question; Are you saying that - 'SECTION 74 OF THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE (SCOTLAND) ACT 2003 - RELIGIOUSLY AGGRAVATED CRIME' - did not exist?

I don't have the time or inclination to play stupid games; make your point or get off the potty.

Remember Donald Findlay having to resign as Rangers chairman?

Perhaps he shouldnt have resigned then because of your 'retrospective' logic then?

Findlay resigned, or was forced to resign, because the use of the F word was never acceptable and was always sectarian - unlike the word Hun which has only become so recently. Nothing retrospective here.

Findlay resigned, or was forced to resign, because the use of the F word was never acceptable and was always sectarian - unlike the word Hun which has only become so recently. Nothing retrospective here.

The 'F Word' as you call it is neither a religion nor a race.

It is deemed sectarian is by Rangers-haters who think nothing of using similar words & phrases against Rangers & its supporters & expect no retribution in the SNP Scotland

Has it?

Once again I'd argue context remains everything.

First of all Findlay wasn't accused of singing anything with fen!an in it. However, even if he did, I doubt it was used in a sectarian fashion but it brought enough reputational damage to himself and the club that firstly Findlay then the fanbase fell on its sword when it came to the Billy Boys chant.

It was only after around 2004 via media pressure to UEFA that fen!an was seen as sectarian - whereas before it was, like hun, just another insult.

Has it?

First of all Findlay wasn't accused of singing anything with fen!an in it. However, even if he did, I doubt it was used in a sectarian fashion but it brought enough reputational damage to himself and the club that firstly Findlay then the fanbase fell on its sword when it came to the Billy Boys chant.

It was only after around 2004 via media pressure to UEFA that fen!an was seen as sectarian - whereas before it was, like hun, just another insult.

Should everything not just be allowed? In a football context?

(I do expect better from a politician, no matter how much I disagree with their party. Position of authority and all that...)

Should everything not just be allowed? In a football context?

(I do expect better from a politician, no matter how much I disagree with their party. Position of authority and all that...)

Not sure what you mean.

If you mean we need a proper balance in what is proscribed and what is not, then yes. Generally there's no need to stop offensive football songs - never mind put people in jail for years because of it.

Has it?

He was secretely filmed standing among a group of players, with Neil Mcann immediately over his right shoulder, singing "up to our knees in f!!nian blood" - that's why he had to go. There is nothing wrong with singing The Sash and if you seriously think fe!!nian was "just another insult", then we must have grown up in very different places.