keith jackson - League Reconstruction?

... NOT to help Rangers get up

But we know that they will most likely not vote for a larger league due to missing out on a couple of OF games. Scottish football does not need Rangers then, or the blue pound? Aye right.

But the chief executive then admitted another massive shake-up is on the cards as clubs consider ditching the current 12 team top flight for a 10 or 16 team division - and introducing summer football with a revamped League Cup .

Was he reading on here? Make it three league of 14, which means 26 games for each team. Top two go straight up, bottom two go down. Perhaps a play off with the third bottom and third top side - where applicable. Make the League Cup a two-legged affair to compensate for lost dates on the agenda. No split rubbish.

Heck, you can actually go to summer football here to determine the European contenders, who would be ready and fit once the qualifiers happen by in July and August, not like it is today. And to keep these sides fit, they can schedule the Challenge, League and SFA Cup for the rainy season. Sure, some people would cry havoc because it might ruin their summer holiday season, but honestly, people do miss games anyway due to illness, work and whatnot.

Edited by der Berliner

My understanding is that Sky have an option on Scottish football for next season but haven't signed anything yet. They could therefore walk away totally from it.

Doubt they will though? And if they do take the option to show SPFL games it will be weighed to Rangers games with a reduced financial outlay.

Doubt they will though? And if they do take the option to show SPFL games it will be weighed to Rangers games with a reduced financial outlay.

No OF games & no Edinburgh derbies next season. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if SKY were thinking of ditching Scottish Football.

The damage Liewell and his 'sporting integrity' will cause Scottish football if SKY pull out is incalculable.I'd imagine part time football would beckon for half the teams in the top division anyway. Throwing your biggest cash cow out of the top division must rank up there with the biggest commercial blunders of all time like Gerald Ratner and the 'crap' jewellery his shops sold

Edited by RANGERRAB

No OF games & no Edinburgh derbies next season. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if SKY were thinking of ditching Scottish Football.

The damage Liewell and his 'sporting integrity' will cause Scottish football if SKY pull out is incalculable.I'd imagine part time football would beckon for half the teams in the top division anyway. Throwing your biggest cash cow out of the top division must rank up there with the biggest commercial blunders of all time like Gerald Ratner and the 'crap' jewellery his shops sold

Ah but we have now the biggest sponsorship deal in Scottish history to fall back on now. Mibies No? Mibies Yes?:shifty: