Potential Signings!

I can understand why anybody would start a thread on 'Potential Signings' pre-ejaculation cums to mind :laugh:

Why not wait a little, like take your time instead of stampeding straight for the clitores.

Getting past Motherwell should be easy but hold back until the 'job is done' ffs! :devil:

On a related subject, if the rumours of potential signings are in any way true, it would look as if McCall is certain to be with us next season.

Clubs look at potential signings even when not having managers. Are we e.g. to assume that everything Real Madrid or Schalke comes to a hold because they have no manager? I think not. Looking at and sounding out players does not exactly mean that we will eventually sign them.

Clubs look at potential signings even when not having managers. Are we e.g. to assume that everything Real Madrid or Schalke comes to a hold because they have no manager? I think not. Looking at and sounding out players does not exactly mean that we will eventually sign them.

Then we have Rangers who are in a completely different situation than Real or Schalke will ever find themselves in.

There is no way we will get the guys we are looking at until after Sunday. Wonder if we are looking at plan B if plan A goes pear shaped?

Then we have Rangers who are in a completely different situation than Real or Schalke will ever find themselves in.

There is no way we will get the guys we are looking at until after Sunday. Wonder if we are looking at plan B if plan A goes pear shaped?

The debt levels of Real and Schalke may surprise you, but I was pointing at managerless teams as such, not those two in particluar - they just sprang to mind. IMHO, the decision about the next manager has already been taken. McCall will get the job if he gets us promoted (because he did that) or he'll get it because he#d be the first choice for another season in the Championship as well ... given how he turned events around.

The debt levels of Real and Schalke may surprise you, but I was pointing at managerless teams as such, not those two in particluar - they just sprang to mind. IMHO, the decision about the next manager has already been taken. McCall will get the job if he gets us promoted (because he did that) or he'll get it because he#d be the first choice for another season in the Championship as well ... given how he turned events around.

I too think McCall will get the gig next season...so he's picking his players for the Premiership onslaught in 2015/16.

It better be the Premiership or he's got other players for the 2nd tier to consider. It's a bit of a sticky wicket for McCall just now, he want's us in the Premiership so he can go for his men but may lose his job regardless.

In the interest of us going forward it would be better to keep McCall in place for now even if we go up, but there are others who want a change there when we go up.

Difficult to argue with opinions from both sides, but from me personally I'd like to think Stu takes us up and gets the chance to stamp his authority in the job. I have a lot of faith in Stuart McCall as manager taking us forward and to greater things, don't think for one minute he's not the right man, time will tell of course.

Let's just say we all beg to differ and McCall takes us further than we ever expected...could happen.

I remember being felt 'let down' when a certain Mr Smith got the job way back when we were good, ok things aren't as good as back in that day, but in reflection McCall has lifted the club into expectation more than hope.

I think McCall has to go about things as if it's business as usual - that includes identifying potential signings. I think ANY manager will have an idea of players they would like to bring in. If McCall doesn't get the job long term, his list will be passed to the new guy, who will no doubt add his own names.....

Probably for everyone's best ...

Report: Preston North End keen on summer move for Rangers midfielder Ian Black

As reported by the Daily Mail, newly-promoted Championship club Preston North End are keen on signing Ian Black, having been impressed by his form for Rangers this term.

Lilywhites boss Simon Grayson - who led his team to a 4-0 victory over Swindon in the League One play-off final - is looking to revamp his playing squad ahead of the Championship campaign, has highlighted Black as a player to bring talent and experience to his midfield.

The once-capped Scottish international has played for Rangers since the summer of 2012, making 115 appearances with a return of eight goals and 22 assists. Prior to his spell at Ibrox, he played with Heart of Midlothian and Inverness Caledonian Thistle, and has played over 300 games in Scottish football.

This season he has played 35 games, and is looking to help Stuart McCall’s men into the Premiership by winning the Championship play-offs. The Light Blues take on Motherwell tonight in the first-leg of the game, before facing the return leg at the weekend.

Black’s contract expires this summer, meaning he will be available on a free transfer should Preston so wish to make a formal approach for him. He has not played as much under McCall as he did during Ally McCoist’s reign, but the ageing midfielder has still proven himself a valuable part of the Gers’ set-up.

There are no indications as to whether he will be offered a new deal at Ibrox, and if not approached by Rangers for an extension, he would likely be keen on making a move to the English Championship with Preston.

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/05/28/report-preston-north-end-keen-on-summer-move-for-rangers-midfiel/