Potential Signings!

Black is a very mediocre player. Being the most consistent player last season says nigh on zero about the guy's ability when we know that we have a terrible squad. Lewis MacLeod is ten times the player Black will ever be. But if you are going with "most consistent" then fine. But being consistent when that consistency is poor is not something to get excited about.

I for one won't be applauding the efforts of Ian Black whilst at our Club. He had a purple patch in the THIRD tier of Scottish football whilst getting paid 8k a week - big deal. He also played poorly more often than not and brought shame upon himself for his gambling nonsense.

I wont miss seeing the back of him to be honest.

Mediocre suggests average. I think Black is a lot worse than that, going by the standards we should have. I also have no idea why he stayed after betting against us three times. That's just bizarre.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

As bad as Black is id have had him in the team ahead of Shiels tonight. The list of departures this summer is growing and growing. Id rather play the kids and Legends than some of the current squad.

I know full well what you typed dB - but in your effort to avoid calling a "spade a spade" you merely made it look as if you believed he is a decent footballer.

Sometimes we need to simply say it as it is, rather than avoiding the negative of a player.

As it is, then - he only "gives 100%" in cheating and indulging in ned boy nonsense until anyone snaps back, then he hides or whines. He is a disgusting excuse for a footballer yet he's a far better and less disgusting excuse for one of those than he is for a human being. Think back to him at ICT and Hearts, we absolutely despised him, as did everyone else, and with many a good reason. The we buy him, indulge him and keep him on after multiple infringements of betting rules - including repeatedly betting against us. What a lad! Not.

Edited by SteveC

As it is, then - he only "gives 100%" in cheating and indulging in ned boy nonsense until anyone snaps back, then he hides or whines. He is a disgusting excuse for a footballer yet he's a far better and less disgusting excuse for one of those than he is for a human being. Think back to him at ICT and Hearts, we absolutely despised him, as did everyone else, and with many a good reason. The we buy him, indulge him and keep him on after multiple infringements of betting rules - including repeatedly betting against us. What a lad! Not.

IMHO, the "ned boy, cheating and being a coward" is more baggage than reality. The three or four times he does "his stuff" in games is not worse than that of others, even Allan has shown a nasty streak when things don't go his way. But when it comes to Black, people put anything under the microscope and hare after him if he fulfills these wishes and nail him to the post. It has become rather pathetic.

Mediocre suggests average. I think Black is a lot worse than that, going by the standards we should have. I also have no idea why he stayed after betting against us three times. That's just bizarre.

We both know what I think about your negative superlatives though my friend :thup::D

Aye, Probably what I would have preferred to have said :D

IMHO, the "ned boy, cheating and being a coward" is more baggage than reality. The three or four times he does "his stuff" in games is not worse than that of others, even Allan has shown a nasty streak when things don't go his way. But when it comes to Black, people put anything under the microscope and hare after him if he fulfills these wishes and nail him to the post. It has become rather pathetic.

I would say it is closer to reality than being pathetic.

We both know what I think about your negative superlatives though my friend :thup::D

Yes but I think I'm being pretty fair here. There's not many players in our squad I would consider to be as good as 'average'. Even Wallace and McGregor are poor players who shouldn't be playing for us.

Answer this, if he was going to go to England, what league do you think he would play in? Is that a standard that suggests 'average' quality for a Rangers player? I would say an average Rangers player is someone like Sasa Papac.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

Yes but I think I'm being pretty fair here. There's not many players in our squad I would consider to be as good as 'average'. Even Wallace and McGregor are poor players who shouldn't be playing for us.

Answer this, if he was going to go to England, what league do you think he would play in? Is that a standard that suggests 'average' quality for a Rangers player? I would say an average Rangers player is someone like Sasa Papac.

Our journey over the recent past has been nothing less than 'torture' Sasa Papac never even entered my mind when thinking back to the good days.

He may well not have reached Superstar status but he was a good Ranger who played for the jersey.

Having a go at ex-players shouldn't be in your baggage mate.