Potential Signings!

There isn't really anyone more critical of our managers and coaching methods than me. That said he still has to take responsibility. Poor management hasn't stopped Vukic getting 9 goals from midfield in much less time.

At the start of the season Boyd was missing constant sitters.

Oh, he has to take the blame, but I'm just saying it's not as simple as Boyd suddenly becoming incompetent. At Kilmarnock he wasn't at the level he was at us during his first spell, but still performed better than he has during his second spell.

It never mattered when he was banging the goals in! I wouldn't care now if he was scoring. You always get some players that just don't train well. I recall stories of Matt Le Tissier being a poor trainer, but a genius on the pitch. When Alan Ball took over at Southampton, the team barely trained, and it was Le Gods best spell in football. There are certain players that don't train well, but they don't need to to play well. We are only criticising Boyd now because he's not doing it on the pitch--correctly IMO.

I get your point but the 2nd half of the season when he left was very poor to say the least. Also as has been said in the big games poor as well.

What was unacceptable was how long it took to remove Boyd from the starting XI. Yet he is still coming on as a sub like happened on Thursday.He should not be in the first team squad IMO.Miller too.

What sort of message does that send out to the likes of young Hardie & Gallagher other than that they've no chance of getting a game. If I were them I'd be thinking of getting out to go somewhere else.

Just noted ... Carlos Cuellar has been released by Norwich, 33 now, but only has played 10 games this season.

Craig mentioned that yesterday. Too old and we should be going forward and not backwards.

If Carlos Cuellar is half the player he used to be I would be delighted to sign him. I can't see us getting anyone better and there's no problem in having a few older players to add experience, particularly in defence. An older experienced player sitting beside Gasparotto could be a good option.

That said, we need to keep the older players to the minimum. They should be supplementing a youthful side, not filling it.

Wages would be an issue too.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

Cuellar won't come back up here for 10 or 12 grand a week when he could get more than double that down south.

We shouldn't forget as well that he played alongside SDOW, a guy who seemed to have a knack of making other defenders extremely comfortable playing next to him.