Summer 2015 - Transfers and Rumours Thread

The Sun saying we are 'opening talks' with Hibs for Scott Allan.

They also say Warburton took in the Hibs v Dunfermline pre season match at the weekend in which Allan scored. Perhaps it was the first time Warburton seen Allan play.

I wonder if there is any substance to the story or is it just mischief making by The Sun ahead of Saturdays game.

A look at the Allan & Hibs situation from another angle (Edinburgh News comment)

Oh dear. It was always on the cards. Keep him as long a possible in the summer as a sign of intent. "We won't be selling to our rivals." Get Allan to talk about how he intends to see out his contract etc, in order to help sell season tickets and not drive away even more disillusioned fans. Now that season ticket sales have dried up they can cash in on him to help cover the inevitable losses coming the way of the Hibs accounts for a second successive year in the lower leagues.

For a man that has only ever had one full season in a first team anywhere and in the last year of his contract then he should be about 250k. I reckon Rod and shan Leeann will hold out and manage to get 500k.

Oh well.

This pic was uspposedly taken on July 12th ...

JS67751855.jpg

... and may mean nothing. Yet, a couple of posters with "a source" say he will sign today or tomorrow, we're pushing hard to conclude this ...

On a sidenote, I do not recognize anyone bar Sir Walter and Allan in that picture above.