Summer 2015 - Transfers and Rumours Thread

Rangers set to test Hibs with THIRD bid for Scott Allan as they refuse to give up on midfielder

IBROX chiefs hope to seal the deal as player tells Easter Road club he's desperate to join his boyhood heroes.

RANGERS will test the resolve of Hibs with a third bid for Scott Allan - even as Mark Warburton insists he's in the dark about a deal.

The Light Blues are refusing to accept defeat, even after Hibs knocked back two offers for their talented playmaker, the last for £225,000.

Allan, 23, has not handed in a written transfer request but has told the Easter Road club he wants to leave and join their championship rivals, his boyhood favourites.

Rangers are likely to allow the dust to settle this week, but they will be back with a third bid they hope will convince Hibs to sell, rather than lose the player under freedom of contract.

Warburton was asked if his team would make another bid and said: "I have no idea. All I am worried about is my playing squad and my group of staff.

"If someone was talking about one of my players then I'd be very irate. He's not our player, he's a Hibs player and my only concern is my own staff."

Warburton also dismissed claims on social media Allan partied with Rangers players at the weekend after Hibs lost 6-2 to the Ibrox side.

He hinted the pictures were several months old and added: "I would suggest research and homework should be done in that regard."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-set-test-hibs-third-6149876

From the Scotsman Toumani Diagouraga is linked:

RANGERS have been linked with a move for Brentford midfielder Toumani Diagouraga, according to reports.

However, the Gers will face competition from the likes of Leeds, Huddersfield and Fulham in a bid to tempt the French midfielder north of the Border.

Diagouraga, who began his career with Watford, enjoying spells with Swindon, Rotherham, Hereford, Peterborough, Portsmouth and Brentford played a key role in the Bees reaching the Championship play-off semi-finals.

The defensive midfielder is much admired by Leeds boss Uwe Rosler, while Huddersfield are also in the market for a defensive midfielder.

It is believed that Brentford are reluctant to lose Diagouraga, however, and the Bees are expected to rebuff any offers for the highly-rated 28-year-old.

New Ibrox boss Mark Warburton has been linked with current Bees midfielder Jonathan Douglas, while recent signing Rob Kiernan had a spell with Brentford in the 2012/13 season.

28 year old defensive midfielder - contracted at Brentford until June 2017 - played 43 games for Brentford last season.

From the Scotsman Toumani Diagouraga is linked:

28 year old defensive midfielder - contracted at Brentford until June 2017 - played 43 games for Brentford last season.

Would this suggest Eustace is not proving his fitness?

The last interview I watched of MW it sounded as if Eustace would sign in the near future and was doing fine. Can't see us signing both.