This might work better in the long run

Roughly the same as this years, minus a few out of contract, Suddenly remembered why I don't usually post

Much on forums.

there are something like 13 players out of contract only a maniac would re sign

so the squad will hopefully resemble nothing like the utter horror show we've witnessed this year.

I think our current situation is a lot worse than many think, granted a lot of the flops are out of contract and can be got off the wagebill, but of bigger concern there are a ton of players who are still under contract who have already proven they are nowhere near good enough and there is no way to get rid of them. Who knows maybe with a new spine to the side guys like Law will start offering more but I doubt it. Our first competitive game is only a few weeks away, we have no manager, no money a threadbare squad full of poor players and face a tough fight for promotion. We already finished behind Hibs this year. I'm seeing lots of comments on Twitter etc about how next season will be so much better with a new squad etc, where is this new squad coming from? Rangers reputation has taken a battering of late and I honestly don't see us as a big draw for players anymore, even mediocre players in Scotland. Once again we will have to pay over the odds for anything that's available and we can see clearly how that has worked out. They won't be coming on one year contracts either so we better be careful, I think our squad next year will be roughly the same as this years, here's hoping the new

manager be it McCall or whoever can add something, anything.

Certainly not going to be easy.

First and most important, who are the Board going to appoint as Manager, will be the defining appointment.

Guest Akaseo
there are something like 13 players out of contract only a maniac would re sign

so the squad will hopefully resemble nothing like the utter horror show we've witnessed this year.

So where are we going to find replacements of a high enough standard who are affordable and willing to come? I highly doubt all 13 will be released, I hope they are but I doubt it. We are in a terrible situation where in we either have to extend some of them or risk letting them go and not being able to find replacements.

So where are we going to find replacements of a high enough standard who are affordable and willing to come? I highly doubt all 13 will be released, I hope they are but I doubt it. We are in a terrible situation where in we either have to extend some of them or risk letting them go and not being able to find replacements.

no we're not

we can release a huge number of over paid under performing shite and get replacements.

Roughly the same as this years, minus a few out of contract jhunter, I expect some of them will get an extension, Suddenly remembered why I don't usually post

much on forums.

Of all the out of contract players we have the only one I would consider retaining is Lee Robinson the goalkeeper.

I now think we've a problem in that position and Robinson is the best we've got at the moment.

The rest can go & no offer whatsoever should be made to them

Guest Akaseo
no we're not

we can release a huge number of over paid under performing shite and get replacements.

So everyone keeps saying, but where are these replacements coming from is the point I'm trying to make, can we risk releasing 13 players? Have we identified replacements? If so who identified them? The new manager the board who? There are a lot of questions and simply saying get rid and we will sign more doesn't cut it sorry.

So everyone keeps saying, but where are these replacements coming from is the point I'm trying to make, can we risk releasing 13 players? Have we identified replacements? If so who identified them? The new manager the board who? There are a lot of questions and simply saying get rid and we will sign more doesn't cut it sorry.

Once the new manager is named players will be brought in to replace the ones leaving.

Whether they're good enough is another matter

First point of call is new management then they make the decisions about what they want/who we can afford.

Those players who have proven they are not good enough is literally a blessing we don't have to pay them to go.

It leaves more money for replacements

Guest Akaseo

The new manager is obviously the most important factor and it needs to happen quickly, very quickly. but you're forgetting the third variable, in our recruitment strategy, who will come? Stand by what I said earlier some

of these players will be extended either through panic or fear and the squad will not be massively different from this year. I hope to god I'm wrong, I just can't see how we are going to do it.