Can well understand where you are coming from and share your contempt for the people concerned. It is by no means confined to representatives of the broadcast media. However, I am not sure that banning them from Ibrox would be any deterrent, as they would just continue what they are already doing. It may be the easy option but I have found myself being recruited to the "no one likes us, we don't care" brigade.

I think the fact that BBC Scotland is publicly-funded is sufficient for them to be brought to account regards Rangers. They must be seen to be non-partisan but arent. For example how many times has the odious little jerk Spence inferred Rangers are a new club despite all the legal rulings to the contrary?

Banning may not be the long term answer but I'd hope it would raise awareness particularly with the BBC hierarchy down south who would then ideally take action at pacific quay

I don't have too much difficulty with sports broadcasters being partisan i.e. In favour of their team of choice as opposed to campaigning against one particular club. Willie Miller, for example, could be nothing but pro-Aberdeen but he was reasonably objective most of the time. So, also, Murdo McLeod, surprisingly. Cosgrove, English and Sebo Zoo Gordon are the true culprits. To Be fair to Gordon he did get that notorious comment approved by his producer. I expect that's where the real mischief lies, within the production and editorial staff.

I think you are forgetting that objections to BBC Scotland's coverage of our club started before Whyte's tenure.

Nope, indeed I remember that your wee group had a rally down there - not the one with the UB! I was addressing the comment about The Men Who Sold The Jerseys which was broadcast in the May.

Well you patently forget that it was broadcast after Craig Whyte had been toppled.

Do you work for the BBC? Your facts seem as inaccurate as their's. He wasn't toppled he sold his controlling interest (or was conned out of it, depending on who you believe) on the 13 May, the Mockumentary The Men Who Sold the Jersey's was broadcast on the 23 rd May. Pardon my 10 day lapse.

Do you work for the BBC? Your facts seem as inaccurate as their's. He wasn't toppled he sold his controlling interest (or was conned out of it, depending on who you believe) on the 13 May, the Mockumentary The Men Who Sold the Jersey's was broadcast on the 23 rd May. Pardon my 10 day lapse.

No, I don't work for the BBC, not that I see the relevance. If I have got something wrong, then I am more than happy to be corrected. Fire away.

Edited by Rangersitis

Nope, indeed I remember that your wee group had a rally down there - not the one with the UB! I was addressing the comment about The Men Who Sold The Jerseys which was broadcast in the May.

It was actually a protest against the imbalance in their reporting, and in addition there was a meeting with some of their head honchos who of course denied any wrongdoing. Probably the same head honchos who a few years later insisted on referring to our club as a newco and who dismissed complaints from bears until they were eventually brought into line by the BBC Trust.

But the point stands - and you seem to accept it, there was considerable mistrust of BBC Scotland prior to Whyte.

I find it strange you can be so critical of the Rangers support being duped when the same guy conned/duped the likes of Ticketus and (allegedly) SDM.

Edited by D'Artagnan

I don't have too much difficulty with sports broadcasters being partisan i.e. In favour of their team of choice as opposed to campaigning against one particular club. Willie Miller, for example, could be nothing but pro-Aberdeen but he was reasonably objective most of the time. So, also, Murdo McLeod, surprisingly. Cosgrove, English and Sebo Zoo Gordon are the true culprits. To Be fair to Gordon he did get that notorious comment approved by his producer. I expect that's where the real mischief lies, within the production and editorial staff.

Accurate and correct, didn't that monstrous bigoted SNP MP O'Hara work for the BBC's CFC Sports department at one time. As his brother still does as Sports editorial director?

Edited by aweebluesoandso

No, I don't work for the BBC, not that I see the relevance. If I have got something wrong, then I am more than happy to be corrected. Fire away.

It would have a huge relevance if you are on here defending the indefensible. That BBC Scotland are anything other than hugely negatively impartial when dealing with anything Rangers related.

It was actually a protest against the imbalance in their reporting' date=' and in addition there was a meeting with some of their head honchos who of course denied any wrongdoing. Probably the same head honchos who a few years later insisted on referring to our club as a newco and who dismissed complaints from bears until they were eventually brought into line by the BBC Trust.

But the point stands - and you seem to accept it, there was considerable mistrust of BBC Scotland prior to Whyte.

I find it strange you can be so critical of the Rangers support being duped when the same guy conned/duped the likes of Ticketus and (allegedly) SDM.[/quote']

Let's get one thing clear - this is not about people who were duped. This is about a section of the support which not only chose to ignore the numerous bits of information which were coming out about Whyte and his pals, but orchestrated a crusade to silence any dissenting voices. If these stories were believed by too many fans, all the momentum in their anti - BBC campaign would be lost and that couldn't be allowed to happen.

Edited by Rangersitis