Purple Rangers top confirmed as new 3rd strip

What a pile of pretentious shite! The marketing coobag from PUMA actually has the brass neck to insinuate that the strip design's unique.

PUMA has today launched the 2015/16 Rangers third kit.

The innovative design contains moisture wicking fabric, which is based on the principle of dynamic moisture transport. With the graphic design inspired by the 1990s; paying homage to the era of Rangers domination in Scottish football.

Available in-store now, the new HeiQ fabric is paired with PUMA's ground breaking ACTV taping technology which has been present and constantly evolved in Rangers jerseys since the 2014 season. Strategically placed ACTV strips within the jersey micro-massage specific areas and enables a faster and more effective energy supply to the muscles.

The graphic alternative shirt provides a stark contrast to the clean lines seen on the home and away shirts and features the new black ‘formstripe’ design on the sleeves, with the colour purple symbolizing football royalty.

Rangers Chairman, Dave King, said: "Rangers are happy to be in a partnership which brings such prestigious brands together. Puma understands the Club's heritage and we also recognise Puma's global standing. We hope this season brings joint success."

Ruth How, Head of Marketing, PUMA UKIB, added: "Rangers has one of the richest heritages in European football. So as official kit supplier, we wanted to incorporate this into the design of the kits and the alternative shirt gave us the opportunity to deliver a standout graphic inspired by their rich history.”

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/9603-third-kit-launched

Edited by Zappa

The silver lining is gay Bears can lean towards the lavender.

Come to think of it, if you were stoating about wearing that purple monstrosity you'd probably attract bees from the lavender!

The Arsenal one is nice

It's certainly better than this purple effort, but I think it's supposed to look like a gold type colour when it actually looks more like a muddy yellow or mustard. Not my cup of tea at all.

What a pile of pretentious shite! The marketing coobag from PUMA actually has the brass neck to insinuate that the strip design's unique.

You have to wonder what Puma think of the current situation regarding boycotting Rangers merchandise?,I'm sure Murray & King have them up to speed with this?

You have to wonder what Puma think of the current situation regarding boycotting Rangers merchandise?,I'm sure Murray & King have them up to speed with this?

I'm not sure mate, but it would be a good question for someone to ask one of our directors. I suppose it depends how the Puma deal is set up and how much they're affected by the boycott.